"You're insane."

"You love it."

"That I do." She sighs, giving in.

I smile as I drive, hitting the highway at almost 80 miles per hour. I laugh excitedly as Alice clenches her fists in her lap to refrain from stopping me; I'm surprise she let's me keep going, being that I'm so fragile, but I don't let it stop me as I keep going. The thrill of the speed excites me more and I find myself disappointed as I have to slow down to get off the highway.

"You... I can't even." Alice huffs.

"I love that." I smirk. "Very much." She ends up smirking but I can tell she didn't want to. I kiss her cheek. "Thank you for letting me have some fun - you may drive home if it cheers your grumpy butt up."

She rolls her eyes and we climb out just as the rest of the family arrive. Alice sits on the Porsche as I sit on her, my parents car pulling up followed by Ronnie and Lucy in theirs. I smile a little and stand as the girls run over, hugging me tight.

"Hey losers." I tease as I squeeze them.

"We missed you. Why haven't you been home?" Emmy frowns.

"Alice was poorly and needed me to look after her." I stroke her hair back.

She looks around me at Alice. "Are you better?"

Alice giggles. "Yes I am. Thank you for letting me have your sister."

"You can't have her forever." Reggie rolls her eyes like it's so obvious. "You have to share."

"Silly me." Alice tuts as she rests a hand on my hip.

Mom and dad slowly walk over, dad smiling as mom hides her... anger? That's the best and easiest way to describe the look on her face. "Hey guys." I smile.

"How are you sweetie?" Dad asks as I lean over and kiss his cheek.

"Never been better." I smile and lean into Alice again. "I'm glad you guys came."

"We're glad too. Let's go inside." Dad smiles. We head inside and to the private room they booked out; it's us, a couple of the Quileute boys, some of Carlisle and Esme's friends from Denali. There's a buffet for people - humans - and a single tiered cake for show.

I sit with Alice and my family at a table, making small talk as Carlisle and Esme do the rounds. "So Alice and I have been looking at places." I say, trying to make conversation.

Mom scoffs and looks away. I raise an eyebrow. "Spit it out mom." I say; that's what she always told us when we scoffed in her presence.

"I just can't believe you crawled back to her." She whisper yells. "After everything she did, that they did!"

"They didn't do anything!" I snap back, leaning across the table at her.

"You'll end up dead because of her, mark my words. She made you sick." Mom snaps.

My heart breaks a bit at those words but it quickly hardens over. "Well, you won't like this." I mutter before I stand and walk quickly to Carlisle.

"Everything okay?" He frowns as we step aside.

"Now. I need to do it now." I say in a whisper.

He nods and has a waiter bring me a microphone. He hands it to me and kisses my cheek, slipping the ring box in my hand which I hold against me; it isn't so noticeable. I clear my throat and stand in a clear space.

"Hi - hello, can I have everyone's attention for a moment?" I say into the microphone. Everyone slowlt quietens and looks over as Alice watches in confusion.