Chapter 5

"(Name), what's up? You've been out of it for awhile now", Tae said.

"I-It's nothing. I'm fine."

"You sure?", Jimin pressured.

"Y-Yeah. Just overwhelmed by everything, t-that's all."

"Don't be. You'll adjust soon enough, I promise."

"Thanks. Well, good night, you two", you said and closed the door before they could respond.

"What was that about?", Jimin muttered.

"Don't know", Tae said worriedly before heading off with Jimin.

--

You walked around the apartment, doubts clouding your mind.

"What if that guy's right...? I don't belong there..."

But, this is what you dreamed of. Showing off your songs to the world. Meeting BTS.

I know that but...

So you're just gonna give up everything because of one person? Come on, (Name). Get it together! You've wanted this! Don't let one person's opinion change the path of your life! Get that nonsense out of your head that you can't do it! The only thing stopping you is you!

But--

No buts about it! Go out there and show them that (Name) won't be tossed around and played with! You have talent! Show them the real (Name)! The (Name) that only those worthy enough knew about until now!

You're right...I should stop hiding.

Exactly! Stop living in the shadows! Come into the light! The light will guide you! Show those who doubted you that you are more than what they see! That you are no disappointment!

"Right."

You took a deep breath, feeling more confident.

"I can do this."

--

"(Name), ever since yesterday, we were wondering if you were okay", Jimin said as him, Tae, and Hoseok entered the room.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?", you said with a smile, turning in your chair to face them.

They were dumbfounded.

"(Name), you really don't have to put up a front for us--"

"What are you talking about? I told you yesterday I was fine. And today, I'm more than fine. I actually stayed up late last night cause I had tons of ideas flowing in my mind", you interrupted with a wide smile as you held up four papers filled with words.

The three boys were so confused at the moment. Just yesterday, Tae and Jimin sensed something else from your tone. Now, you were completely cheerful.

"Are you okay? You didn't drink or eat anything bad, did you?"

"No. Why?"

"Never mind."

--

"Tsk..."

The manager looked at you in irritation.

I need to get rid of him somehow.

You hummed the tunes of a song you wrote as you walked down the halls. You were getting hungry, so you decided to go out to eat.

"(Name), where are you headed?", Tae asked curiously.

He happened to be passing by with Yoongi and Namjoon beside him.