both

calum looks up at arabella, a sense of worry overcoming him as his brow creases.
she and him had been talking about everything all day yesterday, but now she was silent again. it was making him paranoid. they talked about love and romance and kisses and sex and the sky and flowers and aliens and everything else in between; and he was assuming that it was because of him.

"arabella?" he asks, causing her to look down. "are you alright?"

she looks at him for a couple seconds with dread and fear, before trying to focus again on her book. you see, arabella has found out something terrible this morning when she asked about his past and why he was here. she'd prefer not to talk about it.

"did i do something?" calum asks pleadingly. "say something!" he shouts.

arabella jumps, flinching. she had never heard him yell before.

"calum," his friend luke says, peeking in. "is something wrong?"

"she won't fucking talk to me!" he shouts, looking desperately back at the blue haired girl.

a counselor slightly pushes past the blond boy, looking at the pair by the window.

"ms. moore?"

arabella doens't speak, looking down at her book and breathing in quick, short spurts.

"hey, arabella. why don't you say something?" luke says gently.

"please don't do this to me!" calum grabs her hand.

"ms. moore--" 

arabella throws her book off her lap, getting up and running out of the room screaming 'no' repeatedly. 

"no, no, no, no, no, no, no! it's not true! it can't be true!" the three men left in the room hear her scream, the sound of shattering items following.

"oh dear," says the counselor. "she's going to have to be sedated."