both

the next day,

calum made his way up to the girl with blue hair that was sat in the bay window, like every other day. the bags under her eyes were very, very dark-- darker than usual, and she hadn't made an effort to brush her sea-foam blue hair for the past week. frankly, everyone was worried; especially calum.

"hello." the boy said as he sat at her feet.

arabella looks up for a minute, before looking back down at her book with disinterest. but, if you really looked in her head, you could for sure hear her jumbled thoughts of confusion and excitement.

"are you not going to talk to me?" he asked.

she didn't reply.

you see, she was not a mute as everyone claimed, she would talk anytime she felt like it; she simply never felt like talking. until now, of course. she just didn't know what to say to the boy who thought she was pretty.

calum stared at her as she pretended to read her book with a look of disbelief. he had sneaked away from group therapy to talk to her face-to-face, and he wasn't going to just let her not talk.

"please arabella."

at this desperate plea, she looked up at him.

"calum, what do you want?" she asked in exasperation.

both of them were stunned at her outburst.

calum thought the sound of his name on her tongue sounded thrilling, and he wanted more. her voice was smooth and made him think that maybe that's what the devil sounded like, because it made him want to do bad things.

"you're voice is fucking lovely."

she laughs.

"you say it sounds lovely, but you say it like it sounds sexy."

calum doesn't respond, he just stares at her for a little while.

"let's just say you're voice alone could make a man do bad things."

the corner of arabella's lip tugs upwards as she speaks. the poor boy couldn't understand how one's voice could sound so...sultry, without her even trying! it was just ridiculous how beautiful he thought she was. she wasn't stick thin like the other girls in here, she had lots of curves in all the right places. and that intrigued calum even more.

"you alone could make a girl do bad things."

he stares at her in awe.

"d-do i have permission to kiss you?" he asks nervously, tripping over his words. he hadn't been kissed in years

"you have permission to do anything you'd like to me, honey."

and with that, he leans in and presses his lips to her pouted ones.