green.

"where are we going?" i ask jimin as he takes my hand and swings our interlocked fingers. my heart rate increases slightly at his touch.
"you'll see" he says mysteriously.
ever since i became friends with jimin, i've been going out a lot lot lot more than i used to, or ever have really. he makes things fun, he makes anything entertaining, and i think that's why i love being around him.

we walk for quite a while, but eventually we arrive at a large park. children's laughter can be heard as parents watch them play around, and there's the distant tune of an ice cream truck in the air.
"i brought you here because i remember you said to me once that you didn't like parks or taking walks because they were boring. so, i want to show you that they're not, even without colour." he says, looking at me awaiting my reaction. worry that i want to leave is evident in his eyes.
"it's okay. i'm sure we'll have fun, i'm expecting you to prove me wrong." i say whilst smiling at him reassuringly.
the usual brightness in his eyes re-emerges again and he smiles back, an excited twinkle in his crescent eyes.

we carry on walking again, and stops me at a duck pond. little children totter around, chasing the ducks whilst scattering bits of bread with their tiny hands.
"first reason to enjoy the park; seeing others happy" he says warmly, and i can hear care in his voice.
he leads me to a bench over looking the pond and we sit down, our hands still entwined with each other's.
"i like watching people be happy, especially children. it makes me happy that they're enjoying their lives, even if it's just in this moment, because everyone deserves to be happy." he says whilst watching a little boy run towards his dad and give him a tight hug. i can see the innocence in his eyes, and i'm certain that this boy has the purest soul on the planet.
as i'm lost in my thoughts of admiration, a little girl comes running up to us and taps my knee.
"hello. i was feeding the ducks, but now i have to go and i still have bread left. so my mommy told me to see if you wanted it." she says, batting her eyelids at me.
i smile.
"sure, honey! look, your mommy is calling for you." i say, nodding towards the girls mom who smiles at us, "thank you very much!"
the little girl grins at me whilst handing me the bread before running back to her mom. she turns and she waves at me, still grinning. i wave back and she smiles even bigger.
i turn to see a smiling jimin, his eyes glazed over and sparkling.
"what is it?" i say, confused.
"nothing. i was just thinking, you'd be such a cute mom to your future child" he says, but quickly looks down shyly.
i feel myself blushing a little but soon smile back at him.
i rip the piece of bread in half and give some to jimin before pulling him up.

we feed the ducks our bread. i finish before jimin, so i watch him and notice the childish smile on his face the entire time. then i notice that he really does look like a child, all happy and carefree. it makes me smile.
once he's finished feeding the ducks too, he takes my hand again and starts leading me towards the jolly tune of the ice cream truck i head earlier. however he stops after seeing the queue.
"wait on that bench over there. i'll get you your ice cream so you don't have to stand up for ages. i'll pay for it, don't worry."
i nod and go to sit on the said bench. as i sit in silence, i notice how what jimin said was true; seeing other people happy makes you happy too.

eventually he gets back and hands me the ice cream. we sit eating it together, but jimin finishes his much before mine and goes to sit in the grass in front of me, his back facing my direction so i can't see what he's doing.
by the time i have finished my ice cream, he has also finished whatever he was doing and is ready to move on.

"one last thing to enjoy about parks." he says.
"what?"
he stops us in front of a huge lake.
"paddle boats!" he says excitedly as i notice the few small boats dotted around.
he goes off to pay the fee for renting one and comes back before climbing into the closest boat. he reaches out and gently guides me down into it too.
"you ready?"
i smile and nod.
we slowly but surely make our way around the lake. i let my hand glide along in the cold, soothing water until jimin stops us. i look up to see we're under the hanging leaves of a willow tree, the tips of the limp branches skimming the top of the water. it's like we're in our own little bubble.
"so, what do you think?" jimin says, looking at me eagerly.
"what do you mean?"
"well, did you enjoy it?"
i smile.
"yeah. i've had loads of fun. thank you."
he grins sweetly back at me, before gasping.
"oh wait! one more thing"
he takes out a daisy chain from his pocket, and gently puts it around my wrist, the green stems hanging loosely.
"daisy's remind me of you. dainty and sweet." he says softly, smiling sheepishly.