1. Sanyukta And Saanjh!

Start from the beginning

Not that she was expecting them to ask her opinion on when she wanted to get married but still she thought that she had some time before they think it's time that she gets married.

They didn't even tell the name of the groom forget about details. All they did was ask the ladies of her house to start preparing for the grand wedding.

She knew that the family must be filthy rich too, since status, power and money mattered the most to her father and they can never build a relationship with someone below their status but still she was not ready to spend the rest of her life like her mother, like a slave.

Sanyukta loved Saanjh the most and she can never afford to lose her. She wasn't going to get married to some rich asshole for sure.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

"That's a really big problem Saanjh, now what?" Panchhi asked getting worried causing Sanyukta to close her eyes.

"I'll figure out something, I won't get married to a male chauvinist pig for sure. " Sanyukta said fuming.

"But how? " Panchhi asked biting her lower lip and Sanyukta exhaled deeply.

.*.*.*.*.

Days flew and Sanyukta still couldn't think of anything to break this arrangement. Engagement day came and that day she saw the groom for the first time.

His name was Randhir Singh Shekhawat, the name had it's aura and so did the guy. He was quite handsome and tall but looked as uninterested and dull as she giving her an assurance that he was equally unhappy.

Now she was even more determined to stop this marriage.

She tried telling her mother but it was of no use, she couldn't even sneak out at night because of all the guests and preparations which added to her frustration.

"Accept it Di, you'll have to get married. " Suwarna, her younger sister stated sadly.

"Not happening! I will not get married no matter what it takes and that's for sure. I will not leave Saanjh, ever, even if that means sacrificing Sanyukta forever." Sanyukta was determined much to Suwarna's horror.

"What are you thinking di? " Suwarna knew how stubborn her sister was. And especially when it came to her freedom, Saanjh. Sanyukta loved her life as Saanjh more than anything else, Saanjh was the freedom, Sanyukta craved, Saanjh was the carelessness Sanyukta could never afford, Saanjh was outspoken and opinionated which Sanyukta could never be.

Sanyukta lived her dreams as Saanjh and it was just impossible for her to leave Saanjh.

"Something not good for our beloved father. " Sanyukta had fire in her eyes which was enough to scare, Suwarna.

The day of wedding finally arrived and the whole mansion was decorated like a bride. People were busy in preparations for the grand wedding and Sanyukta was being taken extra care of.

Unnecessary annoying teasings of her cousins along with the, heavier than her weight, lehnga were frustrating Sanyukta to no extent but she was maintaining her calm by assuring herself that everything was going to be alright.

It was just the matter of some time.

Dusk was falling and Sanyukta knew, the time was near. Her cousins left the room for getting ready and she was all set to execute her plan but just on time, a knock on the door was heard.

Composing herself, she opened the door to find her father on the doorstep.

She looked down, making a way for him to enter.

"I know we never talk, it's just me who asks you to do things and you follow without a word." Her father began talking as he sat on the couch.

"But today, I want you to talk to me Sanyukta. " He said and Sanyukta looked at him in shock.

"Don't be so shocked. I don't remember the last time I heard Papa from your mouth, can you call me that?" He asked and she was taken aback. Is he high on something? She thought before taking a step towards him.

"Papa. " She whispered and a serene smile came on his lips.

"I never told you this but you've always made me proud. You have been a perfect daughter, a perfect girl and a perfect sister. You have never let me down in any way and I just hope you continue to be like this forever. I hope you be the perfect wife and daughter in law.

They are really rich and reputed people Sanyukta, I want to you do your best to meet their expectations. Keep them happy and bring a good name to this family as well.

After today, it's not going to be your house but you'll belong to that house. I hope you never forget this. " He was really sweet in the beginning but Sanyukta knew better than that. He was still worried about his reputation and nothing else. Also he wanted to clear that she didn't belong here after today and Sanyukta was more than glad about that.

She nodded slowly, looking down and he kept a hand on her head before leaving her room.

"I'm glad father. " Was all she whispered before beginning to execute her plan.

.*.*.*.

"They are going to be here anytime soon, you go and look after Sanyukta, Suwarna." Rajshekhar said and Suwarna nodded before heading to her sister's room.

She opened the door to find the room empty, after looking everywhere around for her and not finding her anywhere, Suwarna ran to her parents.

"Didi is not here, she ran away. " Suwarna said breathing heavily and her parent's eyes widened in horror.

"Bhai Sahad. " Their uncle came running from outside.

"The groom ran away. " He exclaimed and Anjana passed out in double shock.

---------------------------------------------------------

So this is the first chapter.

This one too has ten chapters only like Ishq ke Tante and That Voice.

A sweet and short story.

Thanks for reading.

I just hope you liked it.

Now, just turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave.

Love
Aashi❤