Chapter One - Mudblood

----------------------------------------

First year, Five Years Ago :

"GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting hat bellowed from your head, followed by cheers and yelling from other proud Gryffindors. As you walked to the Gryffindor table, you chose to sit next to a first year girl like yourself.

After the first meal of the new school year, you decided to do a bit of walking around. Which wasn't exactly breaking the rules, if anything only bending them slightly. However the plan of exploration backfired when you realized the moving staircase had brought you to an unfamiliar part of the castle.

Light humming accompanied a pair of footsteps echoing in the otherwise empty hallway. You thought of ducking behind a corner, nervous of being scolded for getting lost on just the first day. The person must have been much closer than you thought, because when you turned around to walk away, someone spoke.

"Hello?" You hesitantly turned on the ball of your foot to face the voice. A tall boy wearing Gryffindor robes who seemed not much older than you was approaching.

"Are you lost?" The boy spoke, looking at your worried face with concern. You nodded, eyes landing on the floor before looking back up.

"First year?" Another nod.

"I'll take you back to the common room! Then I can tell you a bit more about how to navigate around here." The tall boy said, and he noticed your scared expression. He clicked his tongue when he realized that you didn't even know each other's names.

"Sorry, I'm Seokjin." He offered a hand for you to shake. You smiled as you shook it.

"But you can call me Jin!" The boy added excitedly, motioning for you to follow him back to the common room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Jin were walking around the outside of the castle with your friend Namjoon. He was a year below you, but just as smart. Jin became your best friend quickly after meeting, and this was first semester of your sixth year and his seventh. His friends became your friends, and you stuck by his side. Well, most of his friends became close to you, but there was always one you could never get along with.

Min Yoongi.

It all started off with no actual resentment. Until your first real moment of hatred for him in your first year, his as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Yoongi were yet again having a small bicker, this time over the potion you two were assigned partners on. You were only a couple of months into your first year, but these arguments between you and Yoongi were pretty much daily occurrences. Two older boys from Yoongi's house, Slytherin, came up to him and intentionally rammed into your shoulders.

"Fighting with your girlfriend again?" They snickered, and Yoongi made a face of disgust.

"As if." He shook his head with a chuckle, and you felt your ears heat up a bit. You had developed a small crush on Yoongi. Although you highly doubted he would ever like a Gryffindor - a muggle born at that.

One of the boys that came up to Yoongi slowly approached you, and took a section of your hair in his fingers before twirling it. You brought a hand up to stop him, but he wrapped his hand around your wrist tightly. He chuckled at your attempt to get away.

"Shame a pretty face like yours is Gryffindor." His voice seemed to drop an octave, and the other boy walked to you as well. They found excitement in your petrified state.

"Stop." Yoongi spoke loudly and firmly, making the other two boys raise their eyebrows in confusion. He was holding such a strong state that you felt as though he could burn holes in your head. Yoongi turned his gaze to the bewildered boys.

"Don't waste your time on such a filthy mudblood." Yoongi said so coldly it made your blood run cold as ice. Normally he would look you in the eyes as he made a joking insult, but he couldn't bring himself to glance at your lips that parted slightly with shock, or your eyes glosses over with forming tears any longer than he already had. The boys laughed obnoxiously as you quickly gathered your things and left.

You never thought Yoongi seriously hated you. But the icy tone of his voice and the way he muttered the insult with disgust said otherwise. Yoongi couldn't shake the sight of you nearly crying out of his head, and it didn't help that it was his fault.

The next day, he gathered up enough courage to apologize to you after potions class. With a harsh gulp, Yoongi walked faster to catch up with your quick strides. He tapped on your shoulder and his mouth went dry. Suddenly he questioned why he even thought this was a good idea.

"Hey, Gryffie, I-" Yoongi began, once again not calling you by your actual name. This nickname had long replaced your first name in his eyes.

"Tell me, do all Slytherins enjoy humiliating others?" You cut him off, and Yoongi's eyes widened. He was at a loss for words, he hasn't prepared for such a reaction.

"I just wanted to know if every Slytherin was as much of a snake as you." Your words were sharp as daggers as Yoongi's pulse spiked to his throat. He mumbled back some form of incomplete sentence as you broke eye contact. Yoongi scratched the back of his neck as he stumbled while turning, walking in the opposite direction as you.

You and Yoongi avoided each other for a while after that. He couldn't stand it. Normally he wouldn't care, but he had to admit that he missed the playful fighting. He made sure things went back to the way they were-sort of.

But that didn't last.

Playful fights became intense arguments and the insults became sharper. The joking dislike between you two was gone, replaced with literal hatred. The two of you could hardly be in the same room with another of the same friend group, let alone just the two of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a good morning/day/night wherever you are💕