{Chapter 4}

I feel how my dad suddenly starts pulling me forward. I don't want to do this. I'm too young.

I try to pull away from him, but his grip just tightens. "Don't make a scene!" He hisses at me through his teeth.

This makes me stop struggling. We continue to make our way down the isle, albeit unwillingly on my part.

I'm freaking out on the inside. My breath quickens as I look into the sea of smiling faces. People nod at me as I pass. I try my best not to bolt for the door, I don't want to tarnish my family's name and it's not as if my father's death grip is going to let me go anywhere.

We reach the front all too soon. I look at Peter. He looks just as scared and confused as I am. I want to cry.

The priest starts the ceremony and everyone sits down.

"And if there is anyone who does not find this union suitable, speak now or forever hold your peace." As soon as those words leave his mouth, I make eye contact with my mother out of the corner of my eye. She glares at me and steps forward to grip my arm, silencing me.

I look at Peter to save me, but I see him in a similar situation with my dad. I swallow my tears as I realize that I have no way out now.

The ceremony continues without a hitch, except for when we have to say our vows. It takes A LOT of prompting from both my parents to get either of us to even form a coherent sentence.

"I do." I gasp out, still biting back tears.

"I...do." Peter wrestles our, looking away from me just as he says it.

The rings are put onto pale hands with shaky fingers. They fit perfectly. Too perfectly.

"You may kiss the bride." The priest finally says. I cringe and look at Peter, blushing a little. He's blushing too.

We both lean in and give the quickest peck, almost like a greeting. I hug him as people jump up and cheer in the background.

We walk down the isle quicker than everyone else and up the stairs to my room. As soon as we get there, I slam my door shut and all my emotions come pouring out. I rip the veil off of my head and crumble to the floor.

I look up at Peter, his figure blurry. He's in a similar state as me. He lands next to me on the floor and we hold each other and cry. Like the scared and confused kids we are.

"I'm sorry Pete. I had no idea this would happen. I just wanted to celebrate my eighteenth birthday, not get married!" I sob into his suit shoulder. I hear him start to cry harder.

"I know." Is all that he says as he hugs me tighter.

We look up when there is a knock at the door. My mom slowly pushes it open and comes inside. She sees us crying on the floor.

"Aw, honey." She coos and steps closer. I smack her hand away, suddenly angry. Stand up and furiously wipe at my eyes.

"You! This is all you and father's doing isn't it!? Nice little trick you played there, forcing us to get married!" I yell and point furiously at her chest.

"Sweetheart, we did what was best for you." She tried to reason, but I only glare at her coldly.

"Save it." I growl. Her eyes shine with hurt and I shed tears. This infuriated me even more.

"NO! YOU DON'T GET TO CRY! YOUR NOT THE ONE WHO WAS JUST FORCED INTO A MARRIAGE! YOU DON'T GET TO CRY!" I yell at her as she begins to sob. I storm towards her and she backs up against a wall.

"You weren't forced by the people you love most in the world, to marry just so that they could enjoy their luxuries." I hiss at her coldly. At this she continues to sob harder.

I turn to Peter and clap my hands, cringing. "Well we have a party to get to." He smiles at my attempt to lighten the mood, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

I look in the mirror and cringe. "Lemme just touch up my make up first." I rush into the bathroom to fix up my hair and to clean my panda eyes.

I soon rejoin Peter and we walk downstairs together, leaving my mom to cry to herself in my room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As we enter into the reception, I whisper to Peter under my breath; "Smile. We need to look like a happy, newlywed couple." I squeeze his arm.

The whole evening we don't leave each other's side, gripping onto each other like they're the only piece of sanity we have left. In a sense we are, considering everyone we know and loved, betrayed us countless times in the last four hours.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~Time Skip~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The night begins to draw to a close as my dad stands up from the head table with a glass in hand. He taps it with a knife, signaling everyone to quiet down.

"I have a special gift for the newlyweds tonight." He stands up and walks over to us. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a set of shiny, new house keys.

"Here is the key to your new home and your new life together." I gasp and look at Peter.

"A house?!" He whispers to me as all the guests clap.

I shrug. "Hey. On the bright side, we don't have to see our family anymore, if we don't want to."

He nods still in shock; "Yes, that too, but a house?!"

I just giggle at his reaction. With that I stand up, grab his hand, grab the keys out of my dad's hand, interrupting his whole speech. I march out of the hall and out the front door, to my waiting car.

I slide into the driver's seat and look at Peter. "Let's go see our new house."

With that I step on the gas pedal and speed off, just as my parents and some of the guests come out to watch.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•