{Prologue}

Key for the book:

(Y/n)~ your name
(L/n)~ last name
(Y/bd)~ your birthday
(Y/fc)~ your favourite colour
(Y/ff)~ your favourite food
(Y/fd)~ your favourite food
(Y/f/n)~ your dad's name
(Y/m/n)~ your mom's name

I do not own any of the characters mentioned in this book except for a few of the traits that I came up with and the story concept is also mine.

Do not copy my story without my permission. That is stealing and also very disrespectful.

- Abigail

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

18 years ago...

A man and woman slowly walk up the steps of the mansion. It wasn'r necessarily gloomy, but dark things were about to take place in this mansion, something that would tie two souls together forever.

The woman holds a hand to her swollen belly and the man presses the doorbell. A deep bell rung through the mansion, creating an ominous effect.

The massive oak door opens and the couple are greeted by a similar pair except that the other woman had a small baby in her arms. "Mr and Mrs (L/n). It's good to see you."

The pregnant woman smiles. "Likewise Mr and Mrs Parker. May we come in?" Mrs Parker nods and moves to let them in.

Once inside, she leads them to a large study where they meet her sister, May and her husband Benjamin. They nod in aknowledgement once they enter the room.

Mr Parker closes the study's door behind them. They all move to stand around the large round wooden table. He takes a deep breath before speaking. "I'm guessing you all know why we are here. All the other families that are a part of the council have either been bankrupted or been murdered. We're here to try and preserve any chance at a future in lineage and wealth for our families. That is why we have suggested a contract with the (L/n)'s."

They all nod. (Y/m/n) rubs her stomach and looks at Mrs Parker with the baby in her arms. "Is that Peter?" She nods. (Y/m/n) nods and looks at the little boy's parents.

"Our children need a future and their combined inheritance will preserve both the names of our families and our wealth. A marriage between your son and and our soon to be daughter would ensure both of their futures'."

Silent murmurs and nods of agreement chorus throughout the room. The Parkers look at each other in silent agreement. After a few seconds of tense silence Mr Parker speaks up and looks at the (L/n) couple. "We accept your offer. Now we must set the terms,"

"A marriage at an earlier age leaves less room for falling in love with someone else and it would give them many years to learn to love each other. At any given moment it seems that our children have fallen in love with someone other than each other, the whole plan goes down the drain. An early marriage would be best." (Y/f/n) and (Y/m/n) nod. "But how old were you thinking?"

"How about at 18? It is the legal age for them to be married and it gives us ample time to let them get used to each other." Suggests May and Benjamin nods with her in agreement.

"Alright. We will obviously have to get them used to being around each other, maybe even be best friends..." (Y/f/n) trailed off.

"And if we're lucky they might even fall in love." Mr Parker finished. He turns to his wife. "Darling call for some coffee and something to eat. This is going to take a while..." and with that they commenced in making a plan that would take 18 years to execute.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~

2 months later...

A small cry went through the room as (Y/m/n) brought her new baby girl into the world.

"She's beautiful. Well done darling." (Y/f/n/) kisses his wife and his daughter on the forehead.

"What should we name her?" Asks (Y/m/n), looking at her husband expectantly.

He thinks until his face lights up with an idea. "How about... (Y/n)?" (Y/m/n) smiles and nods approvingly. "Welcome to the world, (Y/n) (Y/m/n) (L/n)."

The husband and wife look at each other and nod in understanding.

"Time to put the 'Preservation Protocol' into action."

The next 18 years would be spent preparing their daughter for a marriage with a man that she never knew she would marry...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Note

In this AU people are legal at the age of 18 and Peter and the reader are kind of like royalty to society.