23

23 | for her

song: get you by daniel caeser ft. kali uchis

Ethans POV
[Friday]

I headed down the hallway full of shoving teenagers, each avoiding me as i seemed to be untouched. I began to readjust my bag on my shoulder as my toes stood higher over the crowd.

The first bell had rang, meaning all the tired students will now have to suffer in their homeroom. 

I, on the other hand, was searching over the heads of all these students for one person.

I didn't quite even realise i was doing it, but i couldn't help it.

Our whole group of friends have usually met up before the bell, but i wouldn't know since i got to school just a tad late.

Grayson had already left with Riley, leaving me to forget why i have an alarm to wake up with now.

My hands gripped onto the straps of my bag as i decided to do a quick jump to see if i could see her brown and slightly curly locks of hair. But it was nowhere to be found. Neither did i find Malia or Scott. 

Just by not seeing her, i felt myself going a little crazy.

Suddenly, two petite hands slam themselves on my shoulders. This caught me so off guard that i jumped with a gasp. A familiar laugh came from behind me, making my whole body turn.

I was then met with a cheeky smile. This smile belonging to the bright eyed Malia, laughing over the fact that i had been frightened over such a little thing.

"Don't worry little guy, its just me." She teases, earning a good eye roll from me. "Shut up Mal." I try hide the fact of my slight embarrassment.

Scott had been behind her also, snickering a little. Seeing this, I reached over, giving him a slap.

"Ouch!"

"Not funny." He pouts, rubbing his arm. My laughter couldn't contain itself as it just slipped out of my mouth.

"No, no it wasn't." I speak with wide eyes, referring to him laughing over my little jump.

Malia poked up between the both of us before wrapping her arm around Scotts torso, snuggling into his side. Without needing to say anything, we began walking together.

I felt a weird lump in my throat, begging myself to ask the question i've been asking myself since i entered the building.

"H-Hey," i stuttered, mentally face palming. Both heads flicked towards me. Curious eyes pinned on me, waiting to speak.

"Hm?" Scott hums over Malias shoulder.

I bite softly on my lip, letting go as it pops back in place before i decide to ask. "Where is Bailey?" I blurt out as fast as possible.

I had planned on looking away so i wouldn't see the reactions, but my eyes refused.

Both mouths were left agape as the corners of the lips started the curve up in a sneaky grin. Obviously poking fun at the fact that i had asked.

"Why you asking E?" Malia teases. Before i can try speak, her laugh cuts me off.

"Don't worry loverboy, she is at the apartment." Malia continues to tease me, and i somehow seem smaller.

This barely happens, but Malia is a whole other story.

My stomach dropped at the subject of the apartment. I couldn't deny how much i missed that place.