"He has no reason to be angry, I had to change my clothes," I told him, "besides, didn't I say I'd vouch for you?"

"How are you so sure he'll listen to you?"

"Isn't that what mates do? They calm each other down, right?" I stated thoughtfully, tapping my chin as I recalled Mrs. Valentina's whilst shoving another pocky in my mouth.

Refocusing on the road, Jayden said, "Something you'll come to learn about King Livius is that he can get very impatient, especially when it comes to something he wants. Mate or not, if he's upset, he's upset."

"Well that's going to have to change," I murmured, distractedly taking in the sight outside my window.

"He wants to see you, y'know."

"Yea?"

"I'm surprised he even left you with me, he was so reluctant."

"I saw him three hours ago," I pointed out.

"It's just a feeling. We just hate having our mates far away, especially when we've just met," he explained.

I quirked a brow, "We? You have a mate?"

"Yes. Yes, I do," he replied, glancing at me for a brief moment before looking back at the road.

"Lord have mercy on her soul," I exclaimed.

Rolling his eyes, he muttered, "You're the one mated to the alpha king."

I stiffened at the title, still not accustomed to hearing it ring in my ears.

The Alpha Kings mate.

"When you put it like that it sounds weird," I mumbled, looking out the window again.

"It's true, though," he shrugged.

I sighed, finally deciding to ask the question that had been plaguing my thoughts. "Has he been looking for me?"

"He gave up after last year," Jayden replied, refusing to meet my curious eyes.

I cocked my head, "You're hiding something."

"No, I'm not."

My magic doesn't lie.

"Does he already have a chosen mate?" I asked curiously.

He paused before shaking his head, "No, he would never."

"But the werewolf kingdom needs a Queen, he would've chosen someone sooner or later."

"Now he doesn't have to."

"Who was the candidate?" I inquired, and Jayden turned to look at me, but he didn't meet my eyes, instead he looked straight back at the road.

"Goddess, you act just like him when you're angry," he muttered.

"I'm not angry."

"Yes, you are. I can barely meet your eyes. They're just like his. That bright, overpowering color," he explained, and I exhaled, choosing not to acknowledge the strange emotions that ran through me.

"You changed the subject," I pointed out, my lips quirking up.

"Stop it, you look scary," he replied instead.

"So there is someone?" I questioned.

"Who knows," he shrugged again.

"Could I order you to tell me?" I pushed.

"It's not my place to tell you, Alexandria, ask your King."

"What difference does it make?" I inquired, crossing my arms, but he never got the chance to respond.