Mermen

Valt woke up to the sun gleaming through his window blinds. It was warm on his face, too warm. Valt sat up and looked at his phone and saw that the temperature outside was 96°. He saw he had a text from Shu, his boyfriend.

S: "Hey, you up for going to the beach today? Just us?"

He replied saying he was. He got ready and called Shu on his way out the door.

"Hey, are we going now, or...?"

Valt asked over the phone.

"Go ahead and come over. I'll be ready when you get here."

"Alright."

The two hung up with each other. Valt began walking over to his boyfriend's apartment so they could head off to the beach.
----------
Valt arrived at Shu's place. Since Shu knew he was coming, he went ahead and let himself in the door and looked for his boyfriend.

"Shu?!"

Valt hollered for him.

"In here, babe!"

Shu answered back. His voice traveled from his bedroom. Valt opened the door and saw Shu combing through his white hair. He was his swim shorts with his everyday salmon colored shirt, but un-buttoned today. Valt scanned over his body with his eyes while Shu combed his hair.

"Okay, you ready?"

Shu asked, putting down his comb and turning to the smaller boy. He saw Valt was wearing his swim shorts with a t-shirt.

"Fuck... I don't get a sneak peek at his body?"

Shu thought to himself. He snapped his fingers in Valt's face, making him come back from his day dream.

"Yeah! I'm ready, let's go!"

Valt bolted out the apartment door as Shu smiled and shook his head.
----------
The boys got to their destination and saw the beach was mostly empty. That means they could make out without anyone being a homophobic prick. As the boys laid out their towels, they both saw a dolphin jump out of the water majestically.

"Woah! Is that a mermaid?!?"

Valt shouted with excitement, obviously never having see a dolphin before.

"That's a fucking dolphin, you dork! Haha!"

Shu told him as he walked over to him. The dolphin jumped out again, doing a little flip this time.

"Look! It wants me to come swim with it!"

Valt attempted to to run out in the water after it. Gladly, his boyfriend is there to keep his other half from doing stupid shit.

"Woah! I don't think it does, babe."

Shu said, holding the smaller blader by his shoulder to stop him.

"You worry me sometimes, Valt."

"How?"

"You tend to act before you think, which can be dangerous."

The albino blader explained to his partner.

"Oh... Well, let's go swim!"

Valt grabbed his boyfriend by the wrist and ran into the ocean. The two bladers splashed each other repeatedly and were enjoying them selves. Shu grabbed his beloved Valt by his hips, bringing him towards him. He kept his hands there as Valt rested his hands on Shu's shoulders. The two smiled warmly as the looked into each others eyes. Shu into Valt's hazelnut brown eyes, and Valt into Shu's amazing red eyes. They began to lean in to each other, pressing their lips together. Both boys sank into the kiss passionately, both blushing. They pulled apart, opening their eyes to see the real world again. Shu looked down at Valt, and Valt looked up at Shu. Valt wrapped his arms around the albino's waist and put his head on his chest, hearing his heart beat and hugging the taller boy tightly. Shu rested his head on Valt's and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy as well.
-----------
~Valt's dream that night~
Valt opened his eyes to see fish swimming all around him. One even coming up to him.

"Woah... Hi there."

He said, about to touch the small fish, but it booped him on the nose and swam off before he could.

"Ouf.. So cute."

He said, watching it swim off. He realized he could understand what he was saying perfectly under water, and that he could breathe, which was the bigger deal here. He looked at his hands, spreading his fingers to see they were webbed in between each of them.

"The hell?"

He said aloud to himself. He continued to look at his body, discovering he had a dark blue mermaid's tail, gills in his sides, small fins on his elbows, ears, and wrists.

"Am I fucking merman?!"

"Yes, we both are!"

He heard a very familiar voice. He turned around to see his beloved Shu, and he was also a merman. He had everything Valt did, but his tail was red.

"Shu! You look... So amazing..."

Valt said, mentally drooling.

"Thanks, babe. You do too. Come on, let's explore this place."

Shu said, holding out his hand for Valt to take. He accepted the offer as he smiled at his boyfriend, both swimming off to explore.

"So, you see the difference between a mermaid and a dolphin now?"

"Yeah, haha, I see now. How are we here though?"

The boys talked as they swam together, seeing so many different fish, sea plants, and shells.

"I don't know. It's your dream."

"Oh, this is a dream?"

"It is."

Valt grabbed a hold of Shu's shoulders, allowing him to swim faster if Valt was on him instead of dragging the boy along.

"Clearly I didn't dream of myself being better at swimming."

"Just hold on tight then, love."

Shu began to swim faster until they ran upon some dolphins. Shu came to a sudden stop.

"Valt, look."

Valt opened his eyes slowly, seeing Shu wasn't speeding anymore and seeing dolphins instead. They all swam around the two mermen gracefully. The boys swam laps with the dolphins, even tried doing the air flips they do. Shu was successful, but Valt on the other hand...

"Haha! Are you okay, Valt?"

"I'm good."

"Still clumsy, even in water."

The two boys centered themselves in the middle of the dolphins as they swam laps around them. They held hands, easing into a passionate kiss.
~End of dream~

Valt woke up, smiling about the dream he just had.

"That was awesome... I gotta tell Shu about that dream."

He said, grabbing his phone to text the white haired blader.

------------
This was actually suggested to me awhile ago by CEABear2015. Hope yall like it. Still open to suggestions btw. Also, someone should draw the boys as mermen as I described them in this short c: