A New Reaper

So... hey. It's been a while, huh? Yeah, I'm awfully sorry about that. Life has kind of been kicking my ass and I just couldn't find the motivation to really sit down and write. Again, I'm really sorry.

Anyways, since it has been a while, I'm going to be doing a recap from last chapter just in case any of you have forgotten... I wouldn't blame you. However, if you're from the future and binge-reading this in the middle of the night, then feel free to skip the bold.

Or not, whatever it's your decision.

So, basically, good ole' kacchan was being an ass to Izuku and when he told the boy to commit suicide, Izuku listened and jumped from the school roof. From there, Death made Izuku a new reaper, but Izuku was still unconcious and severely injured so he goes to the hospital.

Poor Mama Inko.

***

Izuku thought of only one thing when he woke up; Why am I not dead? One would assume that diving face first onto concrete from a reasonably tall building would result in death. Unfortunately for Izuku, it did not.

It didn't take much for Izuku to realize where he was. He was laying in a starch-white bed, with an annoying beeping sound coming from his left. To his right sat his mother, gently caressing his IV-free hand. Her eyes were visibly puffy and red while her hair somewhat resembled Izuku's signature bed head.

As soon as Inko saw that her son was awake she immediately started shedding tears of happiness. "Oh, Izuku!" She cried. Izuku couldn't help but smile at his mother despite the pain he was in.

"Hey mom," he said weakly. Inko let out a giant grin as tears descended from her eyes.

"Oh, my sweet boy. I was so worried about you. What happened?" Izuku quickly averted his gaze in shame. Looking back on what he did now, he felt an immense amount of shame and guilt. How could he possibly have thought that suicide was the answer?

Then a doctor came in carrying a clipboard in her hands, interrupting his thoughts. "It's good to see that you're awake, Izuku," she said.

"Hello doctor," said Inko. The doctor nodded her head in acknowledgment.

"How are you Izuku?" Asked the doctor.

"I feel kind of fine, I guess. Just a bit sore and pretty tired," responded the boy. He tried to sit up but discovered that it was incredibly painful and extremely exhausting. His face scrunched up into a grimace before letting himself lay down again. "Yeah, scratch that. I feel alot of pain."

"Well, that would make sense. Where do you feel the pain?" She asked.

"Almost everywhere," He responded, trying not to look at his worried mother. He knew that pain would be worse than his physical pain.

The doctor gave the duo a reassuring smile. "Well, if youd like, I can prescribe some pain medication. Just until you get discharged, that is," the doctor said, quickly writing something down on her clipboard.

"Oh gosh, please," he said. The doctor nodded and left the room.

The rest of Izuku's time in the hospital was spent by him being gingerly  smothered by his mother.

***

A few days later, Izuku insisted on going to school even though his mother constantly reminded him that he didn't have to go considering the previous circumstances. Izuku wanted to go though. He needed to do something other than sulk around the apartment regretting his past decisions and school would certainly help with that.