Chapter 1: Navigate The Dangerous Hall

Word Count: 1k

Reader's Point Of View

I was walking through the main hallway of Middleborough High when I tripped and fell, dropping my books and papers. I tripped on nothing, so that's not embarrassing or anything. I wasn't even 10 minutes into my first day there. My face turned red with embarrassment as I scrambled to get my books. I could feel the other students' eyes watching me and looking at me as they passed by.

Then I saw someone crouch down next to me through the corner of my eye. "Here. Let me help you with that." He said, as he picked up the remaining papers. 

We both stood up as he handed them to me. "Thank you." I said shyly, my face still red as a tomato. 

"No problem. Is this your first year here?" He asked.

"Is it that obvious?"

"No- I mean-" He stuttered. "I just haven't seen you before."

"Yeah." I responded.

"What's your name?"

"Y/N. And you?"

"I'm-" He was cut off as a guy with white headphones around his neck and a red hoodie came running up to him.

"Jeremy! Yo! Guess what I found?!" He was so excited. Bursting at the seams. "There's an Apocalypse of the Damned 2! You, me, tonight, your place, 5PM. Gotta go! See ya at lunch!" He left.

"So, I'm Jeremy." He laughed. "Sorry about that. Apocalypse of the Damned is kind of Michael and I's favorite video game."

"No, it's fine." I replied, with a twinge of a smile.

There was a moment of silence before I spoke again. "I should probably get to class. It was nice meeting you Jeremy."

"Oh, uh Y/N?" He started.

"Yeah?" I turned back.

"Would you want to exchange numbers?" I could tell he was nervous to ask, but I liked that.

"Sure."

------------------------------------------------

Jeremy's Point Of View 

Jeremy and Michael were sitting on the floor in front of his bed playing Apocalypse of the Damned 2. A pizza box laid beside them and 2 cans of pop. 

"Who was that girl you were talking to this morning?" Michael asked.

"Y/N." Jeremy replied.

"Who's Y/N?" 

"She's new this year. She tripped and dropped her books, so I stopped to help her."

"Well aren't you a Prince Charming..." Michael mocked.

"Oh shut up." Jeremy laughed. 

"Did you get her number?"

"Yeah."

"Great! Invite her over here."