History will repeat itself✗

Start from the beginning

I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to see him like this. What the hell am I doing?

"You're blushing, y/n." Jungkook says and I open my eyes to see him staring at me with his head tilted to the side.

"W-well yeah! When someone is that close to my face of course I'll get embarrassed!" I say, trying to comeback from my humiliation.

"Are you sure it isn't because I'm the one you like?" Jungkook asked, his voice low.

My eyes widened in shock and disbelief. "Of course not! Why would you even think that?" I ask, my voice serious.

Jungkook looked a bit taken back by my answer. I guess he hadn't expected my words to be so pride crushing.

"If you don't feel something for me then why did you kiss me back?" Jungkook asked, his eyes half narrowed. "I know you felt something when I kissed you." Jungkook said as if he wanted himself to believe it too.

"Sorry to break it to you, but I didn't and I never even kissed you back, I just sat there in shock." I say. "Are you sure about that? You really felt nothing?" Jungkook asked, moving his hand up to the side of my face.

"I'm sure." Lie. "Then if it doesn't mean anything, I could kiss you right now and you wouldn't feel anything?" Jungkook asks, his eyes glancing down at my lips.

"100%." 100% a lie.

Jungkook turned his head to the side and suddenly, his lips were on mine.

I was taken back, surprised that he had actually done it again. I know I had provoked him but I didn't think he would actually do it.

The feelings of Jungkook's lips felt foreign. I wasn't use to this, let alone being kissed at all.

I had only ever kissed one person. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. Clearly, he noticed because he pulled away, looking dazed and confused.

Yet before he could say anything, someone else did.

Jungkook and I both turned, taken back by the voice. Standing in the doorway, was a very shocked Yoongi.

...

"Yoongi-" Jungkook started, his eyes widening slightly. "I knew it." Yoongi said, looking between Jungkook and I. "Knew what? This isn't what you think." I say, quickly backing away from Jungkook.

"You just can't help yourself, can you? Do you not remember last time? This is exactly why we don't have girls joining our mafia." Yoongi says, his usual happy aura changing completely.

This side of Yoongi wasn't friendly at all. In fact, it was scary. "It isn't like that. This isn't like last time." Jungkook says and instantly I knew what he meant.

"Are you sure about that? Because it sure as hell looks like it." Yoongi says. "Yoongi-" but Yoongi cuts Jungkook off.

"Come on, y/n. You need to rest for training tomorrow." Yoongi says as he motions me towards the door.

"Okay." I mumble before following him over. Yoongi doesn't say anything as he guides me out and over to the stairs.

"Sleep well, okay? I'll see you tomorrow." Yoongi says, acting as if what just happened, didn't.

I didn't question it, instead I made my way up to my room as told.

...

3rd pov~

"What the hell is wrong with you!" Yoongi steams, pacing back and forth. "I'm telling you, it isn't what you think." Jungkook tries to insist.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" Yoongi asks, still in shock from what he had just witnessed.

"I know what you're thinking and it isn't like that. This isn't about her..." Jungkook said, his voice shaking at the thought of Ji-eun.

"Then why did you kiss y/n? I thought you hated her." Yoongi says, his eyes studying Jungkook's face.

Jungkook stopped, as if he were trying to think of the exact reason he had.

"Well?" Yoongi asked, waiting for Jungkook to say what he already knew.

"I don't know..." Jungkook says, unable to say the reason out loud. It was too hard.

"This really is about Ji-uen, isn't it?" Yoongi asked, his voice low. Jungkook swallowed, his heart aching at the mention of her name.

"I know you miss her, kook, but you can't act on that by toying with y/n. You're only going to end up hurt again and you'll hurt her too if she gets involved."

"I know." Jungkook says, his gaze dropping from the older male's. Jungkook was vulnerable right now and both of them knew it.

"Then what's going on, Jungkook? Is having her here too hard? Are you really keeping her here for business purposes or are you trying to fill the void in your heart?" Yoongi asked, his eyes on Jungkook, his gaze softening.

Jungkook couldn't bring himself to answer, knowing his answer was one Yoongi wouldn't be proud to hear.

"I can't lose her too, Yoongi. I can't let her leave..." Jungkook says, his bottom lip quivering.

Yoongi watched Jungkook's expression before he sighed. "Then if you're just keeping her here because you miss Ji-eun, don't go around kissing her and toying with her. She'll get the wrong idea and it won't be good for any of us."

Jungkook shut his eyes as he let out a sigh. "I can't stop now, Yoongi..." Jungkook finally says, his heart clenching in his chest.

"Why is that?" Yoongi asked even though he was fully aware.

"I like her...I like y/n."

[...]