He could love?✗

I've been writing this story like crazy. I just love it so much. I spent 7 hours straight just writing it yesterday. I woke up and started writing agin. It's just getting so intense. I'm currently on ch24 or 25 and I still have lots more I want to write. Look forward to a long story!! It's been awhile. I hope you're excited!!

....

"Why are we in here?" I ask, looking around at the unused bedroom. Yoongi let out a breath as he sat down on the bed, motioning me to sit too.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what you heard." Yoongi says, something within his eyes that I couldn't explain.

"Why not? Who is Ji-eun?" I ask, set on finding out more about what I had heard. Yoongi looked hesitant, clearly not wanting to say anything. He would be going against Jungkook, against family.

After a moment, he speaks. "I'll tell you but only because you're family now. You can't speak of this at all, y/n." Yoongi says, his voice serious.

"Okay." I say. "No, I'm serious, y/n. I need you to promise." Yoongi says and I nod. "Okay, I promise."

Yoongi took in a deep breath before speaking.

"Ji-eun was a former member of the mafia." Yoongi starts.

"She was the first girl we ever had join." He started then continued with, "She was like a little sister to all of us...well, until Jungkook started to act differently towards her..." Yoongi says, staring off into space.

"What happened?" I ask, wanting to know more. "Jungkook fell for her, of course. After that she became his everything pretty much. He couldn't focus on work, he got soft." Yoongi said, lost in thought.

"I don't understand. So what, he fell for a girl. What's so wrong with that?" I ask, shaking my head. Yoongi looked up, his features slightly changing.

"He almost costed us the whole mafia. He was going to give everything up just to keep her safe. Then..." Yoongi started, pressing his lips together firmly.

"Then what?" I asked, too invested now not to know. Just as Yoongi went to speak, the door opened, causing both of our heads to snap in the direction.

Standing there with a slightly shocked face was Jungkook. Both Yoongi and I jolted up, alert at his presence. Jungkook's face slightly turned to a mixture of confusion and anger.

"What are you two doing in here?" Jungkook asked, his eyes shifting from Yoongi then to me and back.

"I was just-" I cut yoongi off, knowing what to say. "He was telling me about practice tomorrow. I'll be ready tomorrow morning, I promise." I say before bowing my head and slipping out of the room.

As I escaped from the room, I let out a breath of relief. I just hoped Yoongi would make it out okay.

...

After a couple of hours of me seated in my room, I decided that I needed to know the rest of what Yoongi was going to say.

What happened after that? I had to know. I was too nosy to just let it go.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I hear a knock on my bedroom door. Sitting up, I call out "Come in."

The door opened and to my surprise I see Jungkook standing in my doorway. He looked completely emotionless. I found Yoongi's words hard to believe. Jungkook in love was a concept I couldn't quite grasp.

"Yeah?" I ask, slightly averting my gaze, finding it hard to look at him after what I had said earlier that day.

"Dinner is ready." Jungkook says, his eyes on me. "I'm not hungry." I say although my stomach was on the verge on growling. I didn't want to be alone with him.

"Come eat, I won't tell you twice." He says before disappearing from the room. I let out a breath, knowing it would only end badly if I didn't go.

Standing up, I make my way down to the dining room.

When I get there, I see Jungkook already seated at the table. I stay quiet as I sit down, not even glancing over at him.

A thick tension filled the air.

My words from earlier hung over my head, threatening to crush me with guilt any second now. I swallowed, knowing I would never feel relief if I didn't apologize.

Just as I go to speak, Jungkook does.

"About this morning," He starts. "Hm?" I ask, caught off guard. I hadn't expected him to bring it up first. "I want to apologize." He says and I stare at him, slightly wide eyed. "I know I can come off as a dick but that's what the world does to you. You have to be strong in this line of business." He says, looking down in front of him.

Yoongi's words come back to me and I pull my lips in. "So I do apologize. We're family after all and it's just a bit weird to have a girl here. I'm use to only guys so I can be harsher then intended, I don't mean to." Jungkook says as he picks his glass up and places it to his lips.

I wasn't sure what to say. All I could think about were the words Yoongi had said to me. The last girl that had been here had changed Jungkook into a totally different person. What happened to her? Where was she now?

"I'm sorry too. I was rude and it was uncalled for." I say, knowing I shouldn't stay on Jungkook's bad side. That's the last place I wanted to be.

Jungkook looked up, our eyes meeting. His eyes pierced mine, holding me captive. "Did you mean what you said?" He asked, his voice becoming soft, quiet almost. "What?" I ask, my eyebrows raised. "About me being an awful person?" Jungkook asked, his jaw clenched.

I was surprised that he had picked that word out specifically. "You haven't killed me yet although I've gone against you multiple times. So no, you're not as bad as I thought." I say, looking up at him.

Jungkook's head slowly rose, his eyes meeting mine again. For a moment, he didn't speak. He sat there, staring at me, the look in his eyes was a cloudy one. I was unable to read his emotions. He looked almost venerable.

I coughed, turning my head down. "Anyway, sorry." I say before taking a sip of my water, my cheeks feeling warm from his unexplained actions.

After that, neither of us spoke. Jungkook seemed lost in thought as I poked at my food, never once actually eating it.

Finally, Jungkook stood. "Once you're finished, head to bed. It's a busy day tomorrow with training so get rest." Jungkook says as he disappears from the room.

I watch where he use to be before turning back and looking down. I felt confused. How could he act so cold one minute then act like he gave a shit the next?

Shaking the pointless thought, I washed my things and headed for my room.

That night, I went to bed thinking about Yoongi's words and dreading the moment tomorrow would come.

[...]