Blink

"Welcome to Wester Drumlin!" the Doctor announced as they walked up the steps from the basement where they'd landed the TARDIS. "Apparently, where Martha and I get sent back to 1969."

"So where are the Angels?" Martha asked, looking around.

"I don't know," the Doctor replied cheerfully as they made it to the top floor, looking around. "But it is a bit creepy around here, mind you."

"Well, let's put it this way," Jessie commented as she poked her head into what appeared to be the drawing room. "We'll know when we find it when none of us answer each other."

There was no answer.

Jessie froze, slowly turning around. "Doctor?" she asked, walking forward back to the door. "Martha?"

She checked in the other room and froze when she saw the statue of an Angel with its hands over its eyes by the window. "No way," she breathed before taking out a mirror she had in her pocket and held it up before backing away. "No way!"

She turned tail and ran back down the stairs, heading out of the house.

And she crashed right into a younger Sally Sparrow. "Are you all right?" Sally asked, frowning.

"Yeah," Jessie replied, panting. "Yeah. I'm fine." She grinned. "Sally Sparrow, right?"

Sally blinked. "How d'you know my name?"

Jessie blinked. "Oh, been in the neighborhood, that's all," she said quickly. "Did you want to see the house?"

"Yeah," Sally replied, holding up her camera and heading for the front door. "Pictures. What were you here for?"

"Oh, just . . . looking around," Jessie said, half telling the truth as she tried to not panic. "Doesn't hurt if they don't know you're here."

"That's right," Sally laughed as they climbed the stairs. She broke through a boarded up window and stepped through, snapping a few pictures. "I've always had an interest in these kinds of houses."

"Just curiosity?" Jessie asked.

"Yeah, you could say it's a - " She broke off. "What?"

Jessie turned to see Sally poking at a bit of wallpaper, and she tilted her head when she saw the "B" underneath it. "Message under the wallpaper?" she asked.

Sally slowly tore part of the wallpaper off, and the words "BEWARE THE WEEPING ANGEL" were revealed. Sally kept tearing, and it added "OH, AND DUCK! REALLY, DUCK! BAD WOLF, SALLY SPARROW, DUCK, NOW!"

Jessie jumped forward and grabbed Sally, pulling her down with her just before a window was broken behind them, and a flower pot bounced off the wall and broke on the floor. Jessie stared at it in shock before running to the window and blanching when she saw the Angel statue there with its hands over its face. "Oh my God," she gasped.

"What?" Sally asked as she pulled off the last of the paper.

Jessie turned and grinned at the last message. "LOVE FROM THE DOCTOR, 1969."

***

"Of course, my friends ran off on me," Jessie was telling Sally as they left the house. "Do you mind if I spent the night?"

Sally stared at her before shaking her head. "Oh, what the hell," she sighed. "As long as you swear not to rob the place."

Jessie laughed. "I'm a federal agent. I swear."

Sally slowly nodded. "Right, then. Where's the badge?" Jessie held up her psychic paper, and Sally's eyes widened. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"It's perfectly fine," she assured her with a laugh. "Code name is Bad Wolf. Partners are John Smith and Martha Jones. No idea where they swanned off to."