Kiss and say Goodbye

Finally, after an eternity if an unnatural silence, I'm the first to speak.

"I'm sorry, I truly am, but... but I have to leave now. I'll be taking my leave." I say hurriedly.

I turn to run away when someone grabs ahold of my wrist. I turn to see Rogue holding my wrist and a kind smile is on his face.

"Kagura," Says Rogue in a soft tone, "I... I like you too."

A small gasp escapes my lips as I snatch away from him, "I um... I don't..."

I notice a blush in his face. It's faint, but it's there.

"No need to be embarrassed," He says calmly, "It's just the two of us. Besides, we're friends aren't we?"

"I-I... I don't like you Rogue."

Confusion flickers around in his eyes, "What?"

I clench my fists, "You heard me, I said I don't like you."

His expression hardens, "I don't understand."

Conflict swims around in my mind as I grab his shoulders, "I don't like you Rogue you hear me? I... I lo..." I pause. Am I really going through with this? Am I really about to admit my feelings to him? I steal a glance at him. I guess there's no going back at this point.

"The thing is... I... I... I..." Say it. Just say it you stubborn bastard. End your confusion and just tell him how you really feel.

"I love you!" I blurt, "Don't you see? I've loved you since the start but I was too stubborn to admit it to myself or even you, ok? I love you! I love you! I love you!"

More silence. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

A smile spreads across his face as a light laugh escapes his lips, "I'm glad the feelings mutual. I too have felt the same way about you since the battle."

I feel tears begin to form in my eyes as I wrap my arms around him, bury my face into his shoulder, and cry. My throat begins to turn raw as I sob into his shoulder. Rogue places a soothing hand on my shoulder as I continue to sob into him. All the emotions that have been locked up inside of me are spilling out. They've been held inside for so long, I guess after all this time I've just been making them stronger. I guess even though I cry so often, it doesn't really count.

"It's ok Kagura," Coaxes Rogue, "There's no reason for tears."

I bite my lower lip as I try to stop the sobs from coming, "I'm... I'm... I'm so... sor... ry." I say in between sobs.

Rogue shushes me as he rubs circles on my back, "Stop crying. There's no need. You just need to take deep breaths and calm down."

I push away from him, tears running down my face, "R-right... I'm sorry."

He smiles, "What's wrong Kagura? Why are you so upset?"

I shake my head, "I... I'm sorry. I'm not normally like this. I just... I just realized how much I'm gonna miss you, and Frosch."

He sighs, "We're gonna miss you too, but we all know that this isn't home. We're Sabertooth members remember? That's where we belong."

I nod. As much as I hate to admit it, Rogue is a Sabertooth wizard. His home is there, where his friends are. All I've been is a thorn in his side almost the entire time he's been here. He and Frosch both belong at Sabertooth.

"You're right. You both deserve to go home. I shouldn't keep you two from that just because I can't control my own emotions."

"Thanks Kagura. That means a lot to me."