The Date- part 1

I sigh and smooth out my apron. I don’t have time to meet him until 2 o’clock, so I asked if we could meet at 2:10. Luckily Rogue was fine with rescheduling. Good thing he’s in a good mood today, otherwise, that could have been a repeat of our fights, and I don’t want that.

I know it’s my day off, but I need a distraction right now. I glance over at the clocks it's 1:56. Just four more minutes until I get out. After that, I have to freshen up for sure. By the time I get out, I’ll smell like cooked meat and potatoes. I mean, I don’t mind it, but I want to stay on his good side.

“Hey Kagura,” Says Risley as she pops around the corner, “You can leave now. Millianna told me about your date.”

I roll my eyes, “It’s not necessary I can wait… three minutes. I’m sure Rogue won’t mind.”

She laughs, “No worries, it’s a slow day and you work too hard. You should be able to get out three minutes early.”

I shake my head and turn away, “Thank you, I appreciate it.”

She smiles, “Just go. You smell like steak.”

As she walks away I turn and walk towards the shower, I take a second to really process what’s going on. I’m really going to lunch with Rogue. Am I excited? Am I nervous? What am I feeling? I'm so confused on how I feel.

I take off my clothes before stepping into the shower. I turn the water on cold cause I don't feel like being comfortable today. As the ice cold water beats down on my body, I shiver as I come to the realization that I may have turned it a little too cold for my taste. Stretching my arm towards the knob, I try to warm up the water before stopping. It might not be enough to just heat it up, I might need more than that to relax, but do I have the time? Naw. I'll just take a cold shower… again. It’s not the most comfortable thing ever, but it’s quick and efficient… to some extent.

Three minutes later, I step out of the shower and shiver. I sigh and wrap my arms around myself to try to warm myself up. I'm so damn cold.  With a shake of my head, I dry off and throw on some clean clothes and run out the door. Rogue said to meet him at the beach, and that's fine with me, I just hope it's not a beach picnic.

I arrive at the beach slightly out of breath and look around for Rogue. It shouldn't be too hard to find him right? I scan the crowd for him but I don't see him. Did he maybe mean THE Beach; the restaurant? I guess, maybe.

I cross my arms and wait for a second before turning around to see Rogue standing behind me. My heart almost stopped when I saw him, but I kept a straight face even though my heart stopped.

“Hello Kagura,” Says Rogue with a smirk on his stupid face, “Did I startle you?”

Yes.

“No,” I say plainly, “I was just waiting for you is all.”

Rogue rolls his eyes, does he not believe me? I mean I don't blame him, because I'm lying straight to his face, but still.

“Can we get on with this? I only have so much free time.” I say in a rush.

Rogue sighs and smiles, “Of course m’lady.”

I scoff, this is gonna be a long afternoon.

He leads me to a table for two by the edge of the sand. It’s nice of him to do this, but why though? Why did I agree to this? Why did I suggest something other than a job? I'm so nervous right now, I'm actually shaking. Why am I feeling this way? I don't like it, it makes me feel so weak and vulnerable.

“Are you feeling ok Kagura? You seem flushed.” Notes Rogue.

I laugh nervously, “Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me.”

He scoffed and playfully punched my arm, “Sure, whatever you say.”

I look away and cover my face with my hand, “Can I get a menu over here or maybe some water?”

Rogue sighs, “Come on, I didn't come all this way just to see the side of your face.”

My face starts to heat up, “S-s-shut up!”

Why am I heating up so much? I don't like this feeling. I don't like it one bit. Come on Kagura, you're better than this. Just… try to distract yourself. Um… make small talk with him.

But what about?

Arg! It doesn't matter, just say something. Anything!

“The view looks nice,” I say in an attempt to make small talk.

He laughs flatly, “Yeah, it is… and so do you.”

My face starts to heat up even more, “I… um… t-thanks. Um… you too.”

He laughs and grabs my wrist. Rogue carefully takes it away from my face. I laugh nervously and look right into his… beautiful eyes. I feel kinda strange looking at him, but why?

A faint blush spreads across his face, “Thanks… that's really nice of you to say that.”

I gasp and pull away from him. He looks at me with confusion in his eyes.

I shake my head and look down, “I'm sorry if I seem a bit on edge. This… this is my first time doing this.”

Rogue rolls his eyes, “Mine too, but I'm trying my hardest to keep my cool without screaming.”

I laugh, “Yeah me too, but you're doing a better job at it than me.”

So nervous. What do I do with these feelings? My palms are sweaty and I swear to God my legs are shaking. Why am I so nervous? Wait, why am I saying nervous so much? Why not afraid? Or on edge? How about jumpy? I like jumpy. I might use that from now on.

Rogue stands up and walks over to me. Without warning, he wraps his arms around my shoulders and squeezing me. I gasp and tense up before melting into the hug. It's a strange sensation, but I don't hate it.

“I'm glad you're here Kagura, believe me when I say that,” He says and he rests his chin on my shoulder.

My heart starts pounding, “Um… thanks. I'm glad you're here too Rogue it's nice to just be here with you.”

He chuckles and… kisses me on the cheek. Again! It's different than the first time, but in a good way. It's short but it's really sweet. I… like it.

I blush and look sideways, “What was that for?”

He sighs and walk back to his seat, “Cause, you're cute when you're flustered.”

I laugh, “Thanks… I appreciate it, but you don't have to do stuff like that.”

Wait, should I have told him he's cute too? I mean he's not cute, he's hot. Wait what? No nevermind, I mean it.

We just look at each other when I realize something, we haven't eaten yet.

I laugh nervously, “Hey, can we like, get something to eat over here? Cause I'm a little hungry.”

Rogue lets out a breath of relief, “Oh thank goodness. I was afraid to say something.”

I laugh at this. He seems so embarrassed about this, he could've just said something if he wanted to order something. I don't get why he felt he had to wait for me to say something?

“Why didn't you say something earlier? We could've had food ten minutes ago.” I say calmly.

He laughs nervously, “Slipped my mind?”

I roll my eyes and get up, “Let's just go get something to eat. Cause I don't know about you, but I want to get something to eat because I'm hungry.”

Rogue rolls his eyes and gets up, “Shut up.”