19 ❀ Alarming heights

Start from the beginning

Once I let the fury inside me take control, it gladly take the reigns and surges me around to grab onto my friend with excited hands.

The fingers of my left hand entangled in the material of his shirt, holding Reid by his collar while my other hand does the rest of the work. I immediately begin punching his face over and over, not stopping until he pushes me away and proceeds to lay a punch right in my chest.

I reel back for only a split second, then I'm back on him, laying into his face without mercy. We're both on the ground now, and I feel his futile attempts to escape from underneath me.

It's useless, I'm much stronger than him. He knew that, and yet he still brought this on himself.

My skin starts to tingle, the boiling heat in my flesh a sign of transformation. Claws retracted from my fingers, fur inches along the surface of my skin. The course red hairs sprouting from my pours like fresh sprung grass.

The sound of gasps and hushed whispers doesn't draw my attention, all I can focus on is my attack. The fight. The violence.

My vision is crimson tinged and hazy. My lycan is only half formed, my appearance displaying a half man/half beast in a mid shifted state. I can hear my canines as they protrude from my gums, lethal weapons of their own.

I'm suddenly torn away from my target, and let out an enraged sound I've never heard before. It's an utterly animalistic snarl, a noise that could send any bear or tiger running for cover.

Arching my back, I whirl around to face the person who dared disrupt my vengeance.

Ace stood above me, chest heaving with absolute outrage. Pupils that are typically bright and cheery have darkened to the point of turning pitch black. The trembling of his body signals that he too is on the verge of shifting.

His protective stance in front of his brother is obvious. I seem to have made him defensive of his older sibling.

My low, warning growl fills the air, as I haven't moved from my low crouch. I'm poised to attack again, and Ace does not like that. He's not afraid of a fight.

I show him my teeth, wordlessly telling him to back the hell off. My strength heavily outweighs his, he has to recognize that. But he doesn't move. He's blinded by devotion.

When he doesn't back down, I pounce, attaching my jaw on his shoulder. A collective sound of horror washes over the crowd of on looking wolves who have stopped to watch. They can't help but stare at the ensuing battle.

As soon as I bite down, Ace howls in all consuming rage. He pulls me off with one hand, dislodging me one second and hitting me next. His fist shoots out to strike my face, I'm not expecting the blow.

It disorients me, and I shake my head to get my senses back. I charge at him again, ready to take him on.

Before I can get to Ace, and arm wraps around my neck pulling me back.

One sniff and I recognize Hyrum's scent behind me, his choke hold on me and his gruff sound of displeasure are enough to bring me back down to earth.

I start to calm down, I begin to think clearly as the fog of emotion dissipates. Rage slowly loses its tight hold on my mind, and I take deep, steadying breaths.

Ace is no longer paying any attention to me, instead he is entirely focused on helping Reid to sit up. I sober at the sight at what I've done to Reid's face. Blood is running down his neck in rivers, but his wounds are already closing up.