Prolouge

"Love Is Just Another Way To Escape Everyday Life"

I remember those words slip out of my mom's mouth when I was younger. She used to tell me and my brother, CJ, that we were a surprise. I used to ask where we came from.

"Don't you remember?" She'll whisper, looking around. When we bobbed out heads sideways, she would whisper, "Well don't tell daddy I told you this but he was dancing to a song. He sucked. But the doorbell rang, and you guys were just stars. So we planted you guys and water you too. After nine months, you two sprang up like potatoes. So we kept you."

We would laugh and then daddy would walk in to ask what's going on. "Nothing!" was always our words. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Now being 18, we get "Use protection. Babies don't grow on trees." From our parents. I lost my virginity at the age of 14 and regret it. I thought I was in love with my ex. Trey Simon. He had dreads that came to his shoulders that were caramel. Dark skinned. Beautiful smile.

We started to date at the age of 12 and stayed till 15. He wanted something my body couldn't handle. A baby. Of course I loved him, but that's like asking a woman to marry you on the first date. I remember the conversation.

FLASHBACK:

"Let's do it." Me thinking he talking about sex, I grab his hard on. "Hard and rough or gentle and slow?" I questioned. Trey shook his head, removing my hand.

"No. Let's have a baby!" My body froze. "A b-baby?" He nodded, rubbing my stomach. " I want you to be mines in every way."

I started to shake my head. "No! I'm too young!" He scoffed. "Yeah, you were too young to fuck me, was you?"

I held back a sob. "Fuck? You told me we made love?" I grabbed my coat, standing up. "Baby. I didn't mean that! I was just mad. I love you so much. Please don't leave. "

"Fuck you!" I slammed the door in his face.

END OF FLASHBACK

That was the night I told my mom everything. She was upset with me, but never told my dad. I just wish that he was more there with us. My mom said that he's just handling business we don't need to know about.

"Mom? Is dad cheating on you?" I had the guts to ask her. She was shocked at that. "No, baby. I know what he is doing. Not your business."

That's the reason my mom became my rock.