Chapter 13: Sentiments

Start from the beginning

Taehyung sat in the bed with Hoseok's help. Hoseok left to have Taehyung get ready but the omega didn't wanted to stand, afraid he might fall. Slowly and carefully he gets up and gets ready, joining Hoseok who waits for him outside his door to the breakfast table.

Jeongguk knew this would happen. The moment Taehyung saw Jeongguk standing by the hall's door, he halted and hid behind Hoseok, breathing heavily and fear invading him. Hoseok glares at Jeongguk, linking him to go in first.

With a heavy heart, Jeongguk walks in and Hoseok pats Taehyung's back, telling him to calm down. Taehyung kept shaking lightly during the breakfast as the marriage was discussed. He couldn't even fake a smile this time.

The Queen asked what's wrong and Taehyung only replied saying he isn't feeling well. The ball dance practice was cancelled and Taehyung was thankful of that.

For almost three days, Jeongguk saw Taehyung being scared of him and not even staying a second as the place where Jeongguk would be too. Hoseok was still a bit angry at Jeongguk but he knew Jeongguk was struggling to make it right.

Jeongguk couldn't wait more, he needed to talk to Taehyung, he needed to see him. So without even bothering to knock, Jeongguk enters Taehyung's room.

Taehyung was reading a book when he snapped his head to the male that entered and the book fell from his hands. His eyes widen and he immediately stood behind the chair, keeping it the mere barrier between him and Jeongguk.

"Just let me say what I'm dying to say, please." Jeongguk says---pleads but Taehyung shakes his head.

"Just listen, for once just listen to me. I promise I'll stay away from you after that." Jeongguk utters and Taehyung thinks for a bit but before he could answer, Jeongguk starts.

"You might not believe it but I have---my wolf has imprinted on you." Jeongguk says and for a moment, Taehyung can't comprehend what he said.

"My wolf chose you to me my---mate." Jeongguk utters and Taehyung suddenly feels light headed.

"Impossible." Taehyung whispers.

"Rare but not impossible." Jeongguk says what Hoseok had said to him.

Taehyung couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that he was capable of being chosen as someone's mate. An Alpha's mate to be exact. Jeongguk's mate.

The thought made his stomach flip weirdly and it wasn't bad.

"Since-Since when?" Taehyung asks.

"From the very moment I laid my eyes on you." Jeongguk whispers and Taehyung's heart beats faster.

"To tell you what happened that night---I swear I didn't knew what got over me. I couldn't believe it was me because trust me, I would never have hurt you. It's just, my wolf is always restless, knowing you haven't accepted me at all." Jeongguk says.

"I acted like this before as well and I'm glad I stopped myself in the ballroom or else---". Jeongguk's eyes hold so much guilt.

"It's wasn't you that night." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"I know and I sincerely apologise for what I did, I just couldn't control my wolf and my self too. My wolf couldn't stand being rejected by you so maybe it effected me in the worst way and I----". Jeongguk stops because he doesn't want to remember.

Taehyung on the other hand was still in denial that Jeongguk's wolf has chosen him to be his mate. He is Jeongguk's mate and this though is enough to not hate his omega self for a moment. It's enough to make him feel special.