N i n e t e e n

America's POV :

Time has never been on my side, and I know it never will be! It speeds by so swiftly! One day we were having fun on the beach, as the early sun's rays kissed our skin every striking morning, feeling the sensation of curling our toes in wet sand as waves by waves crashed the shore, alluring us to its depth and to delve into its secret waters, and every night was filled with passionate embraces and love-filled whispers, and the next thing I know is we are getting ready to fly back to Italy - my newfound home. 

"America, my mother called me a few moments ago, I have some news," Nicholas said in a strict business-like tone - interrupting my visit down the memory lane of our honeymoon - which shocked me because he was always so caring and gentle, his voice perpetually filled with adoration, but this time he held an emotionless mask. His eyes hid nothing though, for they nervously flit between my own, filled with worry and almost something akin to ... unease? What could possibly make the King of Italy uncomfortable?

 I frowned and bit my lip reflexively. "Good or bad," I asked, even though it was obvious it was not something good, but maybe he was just being overdramatic. I mean, a girl can hope, right! "Depends on how you take it ... well ... umm ... my mother informed me she booked a flight to Illea, for us to form an alliance. She says its best for our country in terms of trade," he said cautiously - as if anxious I would burst at any given moment - as my eyes widened thinking what in Heaven's was he talking about. 

He was definitely not overreacting about the whole ordeal, I murmured under my breath. When Nicholas raised his eyebrows in question, I just waved it off, before returning to my thoughts. I know Maxon and I are now friends, but I never intended on visiting him or to the least going back to Illea for any given reason - minimal of all, this

"W-what," I stuttered, even though I understood what he meant, I had no control over what I said as shock still overtook me. "Listen, love, she told me it would be good for our public appearance, and not only that but if this would work out, it would do wonders for Italy," Nicholas said. My lips pulled into a frown - since when did he care about our public appearance? 

"Fine!" I exclaimed firmly. If this what he wanted - I would have to do it anyway, considering the fact that I am Queen now. He smiled in relief as he let out a breath he seemed to have been holding and his tensed shoulders dropped. "I knew you would say yes," I refrained from rolling my eyes when he said that, as he continued on, "My mom sent you a dress for the visit to Illea, so I hope you like it," he said while taking something which I assumed was the dress out of a black bag. 

I was awestruck. I literally had no words; it was an off the shoulder-sweet heart neck, the colour was something between a pale and blush pink with lace embroidery all over the dress. It flares out at the waist and there was a small train, leaving my mouth agape.    

--Time Skip--

The plane landed on the tarmac with a thud, scaring me partially. I took deep breaths preparing myself for what was yet to come, and trying to silence the raging thoughts inside my head and a thousand 'what-ifs'. Looking at the now awake Nicholas, who was sleepily rubbing his eyes simultaneously letting out a yawn, made me chuckle; he looked adorable with his messy hair and half-lidded eyes laced with somnolence. I ran my fingers through his silky strands, starting to fix his hair to make him look more presentable because I was more than sure the King would definitely disapprove his 'bed-hair'.