E i g h t e e n

America's POV :

What in heaven's name was I thinking? Does he seriously think that I am going to let him waltz his way into my life again after ... after ... that day, after what he did and caused and ughhh! Well, he thought wrong! I am not going to let his stupid misjudgments affect me. 

"America, love are you alright?" I looked in front of me blinking rapidly, trying to snap myself out of the millions raging thoughts in my head. "Of course I am alright! Why would you think otherwise," I said, giving the most convincing look and innocent smile I could muster at the moment. The last thing I needed right now was for Nicholas to go all 'detective' on me, it's not that  I had anything against that, I loved it when he was so caring, but right now, my blood boiling wasn't a good sign. 

"Well, you looked like you were ready to kill someone," Nicholas said, concern lacing in his voice, but I could sense a tint of amusement. I chuckled slightly. "Well ... umm ... where did you say we were going for our honeymoon?" I said, trying to be enthusiastic and hoping me trying to change the topic worked and my terrible acting came through for once. 

"Sweetheart, for the last time, its a surprise," he said grinning from ear to ear, his eyes lightening up. It worked, smirks internally. "But I don't like surprises," I whined, refraining myself from stomping my foot like a child, that may be acting gone a bit too far up the notch. "Come on mi amore, let's go, there is a limo waiting for us outside," Nicholas said while intertwining our hands together and gently pulling me towards the gates of their summer castles which our reception was hosted in. 

I was silently thanking my maids for making me wear something simple for the reception or I am sure I would have tripped on the train of my wedding dress at least once as we ran. Though I was ecstatic to get out of that death trap the maids decided that I should wear a corset. I absolutely despised it! I could barely breathe during the altar! And I was certain it weighed ten times more than I did! Oh, and don't get me started on the crown; as gorgeous and stunning as it looked, those diamonds were the real deal and it made my neck hurt so much from holding the strenuous weight! I would have been happier in that small tiara I was wearing but what could I do?

--Timeskip--

I looked out the window of the private jet. It was truly a sumptuous and majestic sight; the seas turned from a lighter shade of blue to a darker shade as it seemed to on endlessly. It never ceased to amaze me! But the thought of being thousands of feet above the ground made me sick as the contents in my stomach churned in discomfort! Just as I thought it couldn't get any worse, the plane experienced some turbulence which made me dig my nails into the plush seats and closing my eyes viciously tight while holding a death grip on the seat. I really needed to get used to flying now that I was queen, I frowned; I still wasn't used to the title and I was sure there will be a lot of travelling in the future. 

"Guessed the place yet," Nicholas asked me, smirking. My eyes narrowed playfully on the smirk held on his lips as I looked out the window to see a set of islands. I wasn't so educated; my circumstance being that I was a five back in Illea. All this luxury felt so foreign to me. I shook my head in response; honestly, I had no idea. "You really have no clue do you, take a second guess America," he said, laughing at my clueless expression. Just as I was going to say something -

 "Good morning Your Highnesses, please do fasten your seat belts! We will be landing in Hawaii shortly." I grinned wickedly as my eyes light up at the name of the place. My eyes widened, I have heard of this place once or twice but I vaguely remember it belongs to Illea; I shook the thought out of my head. Instead, I focused on the bright side, just by the view it looked remarkable and striking; it was a very photogenic place. The thought of photography reminded me of Maxon; he would love it. I gulped. I'm married now and not to him, I reminded myself for the hundredth time today. I pushed the thought of him to the back of my mind but it just made me think of him even more, I didn't even know how that was possible ."So, what do you think?" Nicholas asked nervously, probably because of my lack of response. "I love it," I said gently, touching his hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I am truly sorry but I had a headache and why don't we got me through it so thank you to them and if you didn't know, they are a band and the best in my opinion. Thank you so much for being patient with us. We want to thank you guys sooo much for 1K reads, I didn't think we could get this far; we couldn't have done this without you. Have an amazing day ahead. Hope Y'all enjoyed the chapter, and give a vote if you did so!

~P~