P1 : C3

One of the conditions of the transportation was that I remain monitored at all times. Which meant, someone was always keeping an eye on me. I'm sure if they liked they'd stick a leash and collar just to keep track of where I was, I knew they didn't trust me at all to be on my own. I wouldn't trust me either.

So, we found the nearest fuel station to refill, and they let me off the ship to stretch my legs and take a breather. Unfortunately, that meant I had an escort, which just so happened to be Peter. He wasn't subtle in the slightest, it was nearly impossible not to feel his eyes on me, especially when he gaped like I was some side-show spectacle. 

"You have three options." I said to him without turning from the view. The station happened to be a jump out from a nebula cluster colliding with another, one filled with green gases, the other a deep purple.

"What?" he asked, suddenly sounding quite nervous.

"One: look some other direction. Two: explain to me what you're staring at or three, I'll personally pull your eyes out of your sockets and throw them off this fuel station." I ticked off the list on my fingers, watching as he processed.

"You're a little scarier when you're pissed off." He took a giant step backwards.

"Yeah, she is." I hadn't noticed, but Rocket was standing there with a surprised look on his face. "She should be an interrogator."

"A what?" I asked him.

"Come on Drax, hurry it up!" Gamora shouted. "I swear if he's in there and he's gotten drunk instead of paying it off then I'll kick his ass."

"I'll hop on that crazy train." Rocket said. "Want me to drag him out?"

"No. No more bars, remember?" Gamora growled and turned for the sole building on the station platform.

"Hey, do that skin thing again." Peter said following the silence of her departure.

"What?" I stepped back.

"You know, the thing where you change colors and glow." he said again, his eyes lit up with excitement.

"No, is that why you were staring?" I told him, stepping around him to board his ship.

"No? I mean, yes. Sort of. I think it's a pretty cool party trick." He called to me as I walked up the ramp.

"It's not a party trick!" I called back, climbing up the ramp back inside the ship. 

"Is it self defense then?" I heard him walking closer.

"I'm not showing you, stop asking." I wished there was a door for me to slam in his face, or a switch to shut him up.

I kept my eyes on the ramp, but he didn't attempt to board, I think he just stood at the bottom, waiting for Gamora and Drax perhaps.

"You look three seconds from vaulting yourself into space." Rocket appeared a just beside me, making me jump back. "I've got something for you."

He nodded for me to follow him, "Does Peter always act that way?"

"Not every second, but a lot of the time. You get used to it after a while." He shook his head with a sigh and dropped down to shuffle through a crate. After a moment of digging he produced a box. Rocket opened the lid and inside was what looked like a gun.

"You're giving me a gun?"

"Yes, I'm giving you a gun," he said, turning around. "Heck no I'm not giving you a gun! I don't trust you with that kind of thing. I'm giving you this." Rocket dug his hand underneath the gun and held out a small device to me. It looked like it was a ring.