P1 : C15

The Professor called on me later in the day, telling me that they were beginning to get results from the blood that they drew from me earlier that day. I almost did not want to even think about what they found or what they were thinking about it, but then again if there was something there that they found that could help me handle my abilities to change my skin, my appearance, then I had to know about it sooner rather than later. I did not want to suffer from pain anymore than I already was.

"We've discovered that there is actually a blockage, of sorts, that is keeping your abilities from reaching it's actually potential." Hank told me as I sat down on the lab table in the center of the room, Peter was standing next to me.

"A blockage?" I asked him.

"Of sorts." he answered.

"What Hank means is that there is some force keeping you from expanding your abilities. This block is also keeping your body from healing from the use of your skin properly." the Professor told me. "Now, there are ways that we can actually deal with this. One; we can put you through a series of medications that will specifically attack the blockage. It is not painful, but the process takes many days to complete."

"What is the second option that I have?" I asked him.

"Professor, we can't use that method on Vele. She's not strong enough." Jean said.

"What? What is it that I am not strong enough for?" I asked her.

"The other option is to allow Jean and myself to enter your mind. We can clear the metal part of the blockage, attacking whatever it is that is holding you back. This would allow the physical part of the blockage to break away naturally. It is quicker..." the Professor broke off from speaking.

"But...?" Peter crossed his arms over his chest.

"It's painful." Logan said, standing up from the wall.

"Logan!" Jean hissed.

"What? I'm just telling the poor kid the truth. If she allows the two of you into her head the pain she'll feel will be like going through a blender." he said, walking over. "But if it was just one of you then it'd feel like you were being torn from the inside out."

"How do you know?" Peter asked him.

"Because I've been there, bub." Logan told him. "I've had both of these two in my head before and I don't highly recommend it."

"It's up to Vele on what she wants." Hank said. Everyone looked at me.  "But we do not have much time if we want to deal with this before Thanos arrives here on Earth or gets close to the solar system. We need to be careful of our choices now. Think with open minds."

I thought about it all for a moment, over the objectives, over what I could choose and how it would end up affecting me.

"I would rather live with my full abilities than live with the pain after using them each time. Peter has probably seen the worst of it, he understands the toll it takes." I said to all of them. "And I would rather deal with the pain up front than deal with it later on when I might regret my choices. So, Professor, Jean, I will allow you both to enter and do as you must to help."

There was silence from everyone, Logan even looked at me in shock. I looked at Peter and he was staring at the floor, he nodded.

"If that's what you want." he said. "I'm here to support."

"Alright, then we must prep her before we begin." Jean said. 

When everyone left the lab, Jean showed me an outfit that I was supposed to wear to allow the connection, or bond, to work properly. It was a suit, feeling close to a silcone, that I had to wear. It was white, blue lines ran up along the sides from my ankles up to my arm pits, then from there to my wrists. It was not as uncomfortable as I thought when I did eventually put it on.