P1 : C16

I went back to my room alone. Sitting there on the bed, my fingers pressed to my lips, my cheeks blazing with heat. I could still feel Peter's lips against mine. A warm feeling overwhelmed my stomach and I could couldn't stop smiling. I did not know what to call such a feeling like this, it was completely new and completely wonderful. There was no way my mouth would move in any expression but a smile, I tried to stop but it only went back. I was giddy, like a young girl, like one of those women you see on the streets and she has been asked something exciting and she jumps up and down screaming and laughing. Except I was not screaming. I was partially giggling to myself.

I looked out the window, the sky was blue and white clouds blocked the sun, everything in shade. The day was beautiful and relaxed, outside it looked so peaceful and calm. I could not believe that such promising and good things were suddenly happening to me on a day like this. My powers no longer caused me pain, Peter adimitted his feelings for me and, in a way, I did the same. I had not felt this happy nor well in a long time, I actually could not remember the last time I was this happy. It must have been forever ago.

You cannot hide, Vele.

I jumped at the rough voice and looked around. There was no one in the room.

I will find you, Vele. You cannot hide. What makes you think that you have the ability to evade me? I can feel your presence, even in the eternity of miles that space holds I can find you still. No one, nothing can hide you away.

I stood from the bed and spun around. There was still no one around.

"Stop it." I said. "Who are you?"

You know who I am. You know my face and name. You know exactly who I am. I am no unidentifiable. You know me from my deeds, from my sacrifices and of course of desctruction. Go on, take a guess.

"Thanos." I froze, my breath catching in my throat.

"Vele?" I turned around and saw Logan walk into the room. "Hey, you alright? What's wrong?"

Everyone you are surrounded with, the people you call your friends have no place beside you. They are not worthy to be standing next to, let alone looking at, an immortal goddess such as yourself. Yes, you are immortal. Just as I am.

I could not answer him. I just stood there in fear, feeling all of my limbs go numb. That's when I started falling to my knees. Logan ran in by the time I was on the floor before he could reach me.

"Vele. Come on,  talk to me. What's wrong?" Logan said. But I was too scared, too far frozen in fear to answer him back.

"Help!" Logan shouted, looking over his shoulder. He then turned back to me, "Come on Vele,"

Logan patted my cheeks, turning my head from side to side. "Say something kid."

I gasped, then with flooded eyes and a tight chest I uttered; "Thanos. He's in my head. I can hear him."

My eyes flew open and I sat up with a gasp. I was sitting back in the bed, my entire body covered in sweat. The room was dark except for the glow of an orange light, it felt hot and the air felt thick, making it hard to catch my breath. My hand pressed to my chest, feeling my rapid heart beating so fast I thought it would burst. My hand felt a soft fabric, I looked down and saw that I was in something completely different than the suit I had been wearing earlier. What happened to me?

"Vele?" I flinched and looked at the foot of the bed. Peter was standing up from the floor and he came and sat down right beside me on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, it's okay." He said, he put his hand on my arm. "You're okay."

"What happened?" I asked him.