Chapter 15

Avoiding Opie was much harder now that everyone knew Eva was pregnant. Word had gotten around about their fight, the Sons were terrible gossips, but no one knew how angry Eva was and how hard she was working to keep from seeing Opie. Those mopey green eyes would force her into forgiving him and she was just not ready for that yet. He had done his fair share of hurtful things and she was fed up with the constant emotional rollercoaster. That morning though, weeks after their very public argument, she arrived at the clubhouse purposely looking for him.

"Hey Eva," Jax said, more subdued than usual. "How you doing?"

"I'm okay," she smiled. "Is he here?"

"Oh, uh, yeah," Jax smiled a little. "Back down the hall."

"Apartment?" She asked, afraid of who she would find him with.

"Nah," Jax shook his head. "I think he's just taking a leak," he laughed.

"I'll wait here then," she laughed a little.

A few minutes later Opie appeared with Tig, talking about something, and had no idea Eva was sitting at the bar waiting for him. Eva really wanted him to notice her, she figured the look on his face would be humorous but he was oblivious.

"Hey," she called out with a little wave.

"Oh hey," he looked pleasantly surprised. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," she said quickly. "I just wanted to let you know I had the anatomy scan and the baby looks great." Reaching in her purse she pulled out one photo for him. "It's his profile," she pointed, "That's his little nose and there's his chin."

Opie beamed. "His?"

"Yeah," she gave him a sunny smile. "We're having a boy."

He looked thrilled, and slightly overwhelmed, and leaned in a bit closer to her. "Can we talk, Eva?"

She hesitated, her smile gone in an instant, and nodded. "Sure."

They went to the apartment for privacy and it was clear he'd been crashing there recently. "It's a mess," he said kicking some laundry into a corner.

"Yeah," she laughed a little. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry."

"I know you are, we've covered this," she said.

"And I miss you," he frowned. "A lot."

Eva sighed heavily and closed her eyes. "I miss you too. A lot. I just can't deal with the inconsistency."

"I know, I'm shit with that and it didn't matter for years. Shit was comfortable with Donna, then I got locked up and," he shrugged. "I'm used to being selfish after Chino."

"That's right...and it makes sense."

"I just need one more shot, Eva," he said desperately. "I won't fuck up again."

"And if you do, you know I'm gonna kick your ass," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

He nodded, "Yeah...again."

"You can buy me dinner," she offered. "And we can go from there."

Opie smiled and nodded, turning away from her to grab his keys. "I'm good with that."

"Hey Ope," she called his attention back to her. "Can I get a kiss?"

"Shit, sorry," he said, annoyed with himself. He moved quickly across the room and eagerly kissed her. Eva slipped her hands over his shoulder and held tight, her growing belly pressed against his.