Chapter 8

A few months later

FRANK POV

Soon Joyce will give birth. I have taken her to the hospital for preparation for labor. She looks tense in the face of the labor process that she will soon face

"I'm very scared, Frank!"

"You don't need to be afraid, I always accompany you"

"Thank you Frank, I'm grateful to be your wife. Forgive me if there's been a lot of wrong with you"

"You don't need to apologize. There is nothing wrong."

Suddenly my cellphone rang and I saw Darcy's name on my cellphone screen.

"Wait a minute, I want to pick up the phone"

I went away from Joyce and immediately picked up the telephone.

" Hi, dear"

"How is Joyce doing?"

"She is currently very scared to face the labor process"

"You have to give her encouragement. She really needs you"

"I know, honey. Sorry, I can't see you"

" No problem"

"Okay then, I'll call you later."

I turned off the cellphone and returned to Joyce's room. She fell asleep and I waited for her outside the room. It felt like the time had passed so fast and it didn't feel like soon my child would be born.

I can't wait for the birth of my child. Hopefully she will be born safely.

***

DARCY POV

I miss Frank so much. We didn't meet for nearly two weeks. He was very busy taking care of Joyce. I busied myself with work so I didn't think about Frank too much

At lunch, I saw Frank arrive at the office. He approached me and invited me to lunch together.

"I don't think you're in the office"

"Earlier Joyce was resting so I could see you"

"You look tired"

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm fine"

" I miss you so much"

" I love, too"

After we had lunch, we returned to the office. Suddenly Frank's cellphone rang and he got word if Joyce was going to give birth.

"Darcy, I have to go because Joyce will give birth"

"You are careful on the road"

Frank went to the hospital and I hoped that Joyce would give birth smoothly.

***

FRANK POV

When I arrived at the hospital, I was very surprised to hear that Joyce and my child could not be saved. My heart was broken by Joyce and my child.

I didn't expect to lose them this soon. I immediately contacted Darcy and i told her to come to the hospital.

"Darcy, Joyce and my child are not saved"

"I'm sorry. You have to deal with it"

"I want you to come here"

"I'm right there"

Not for a long time Darcy arrived at the hospital and she tried to calm me down.

"How can Joyce not be saved?"

"She lost a lot of blood and my child died after being born"

"You can't be sad. They must be sad to see you like this"

I'm grateful to have Darcy in my life. Only what I need when I lose my wife and child

***

After the funeral was over, Darcy invited me to her apartment.

"You better take a break. I promise, I won't leave you"

"I can't rest"

" What do you want?"

"I want to hug you until I fall asleep"

"Okay if that's what you want"

Darcy hugged me tightly and for a while I began to fall asleep.

***

Two months later

DARCY POV

Frank was able to forget his sadness and he began to rise from adversity. I am very glad he returned like the Frank I knew first.

"I'm very happy to see you cheerful again as before"

"That's all because of you. If there isn't you, my life feels empty"

Frank and I vacation in Maldives. We spend time together