Jumpkin (Trohley)

Type: Fluff, crack

Ship: Peterick

Featuring: Annoyed!Joe and Amused!Andy

Trigger Warnings: None

Joe opened the door with one arm, two small pumpkins tucked under the other. He had gone to the store to get pumpkins only to find they were ridiculously expensive, so he got tiny ones instead. They weren't that tiny, about the size of a cantaloupe, but they probably weren't for carving.

"Andy! I'm back!" He yelled very loudly, even though he could clearly see his boyfriend sitting on the couch. "I got fun-sized pumpkins!"

"You're fun-sized," Andy mumbled, getting up and walking over. "Why did you get little ones?"

"Okay, first of all, I'm taller than you are," Joe said indignantly, setting the pumpkins on the counter. "just because you're ridiculously beefed doesn't mean--"

"Whatever," Andy laughed. "I don't even care. Let's just carve them. What are you going to carve your pumpkin as?"

Joe shrugged. "Probably just a spooky face."

"Bo-ring."

"I like to be classic," Joe huffed. "Anyway, what are you doing?"

"I saw a cool one online," Andy said, examining a pumpkin. "Its a surprise."

"No originality with you," Joe said, shaking his head. "I carve from the heart, you carve from the internet."

"Let's just hurry up and carve these pumpkins," Andy said, getting two knives from the silverware drawer. "Try not to get pumpkin everywhere."

"I would never," Joe grinned. "We should put on our costumes first."

As they emerged from their bedroom a few minutes later, Joe frowned. "Andy. Baby. Love of my life, bane of my existence. I fucking adore you, but that is the lamest costume I have ever seen."

"Whatever," Andy grumbled, wearing a green shirt and a pair of plastic Yoda ears. "like yours is any better."

"At least I put in some effort," Joe said, sporting all black clothes, a pair of bat ears and a tiny pair of bat wings that were just wider than his shoulders. "I had to make these bat ears you know. Your shirt and ears aren't even the same color."

"It was last minute!" Andy grumbled. "Why are you even celebrating Halloween? I thought you were Jewish."

"Free candy," Joe said, adjusting his bat ears. "Besides, as long as it isn't a religious holiday its cool."

Andy hummed non-committally, then walked over to their kitchen table and grabbed the larger knife. "I don't know about you, but I'm ready to carve pumpkins."

Joe shrugged, then stabbed his pumpkin with vigor. "This part is my favorite."

"Cutting it open is your favorite?" Andy asked, gently pushing the knife through the thick orange skin. "Not carving?"

"Carving, cutting, whatever," Joe shifted his hold on the knife as he cut. "It's very satisfying."

Andy hummed again, then grabbed the short stem and pulled up the top, dangling strings coming with it. "Ew, I hate the smell of pumpkin."

"Don't you love pumpkin spice?"

"Pumpkin spice is made of like 5% pumpkin, 95% seasoning and lies. It's delicious though."

Joe laughed, grabbing a spoon. "Ugh, time for the scooping. That's the worst part."

"I think it's kind of fun," Andy said, scraping sinews and seeds out of the orange fruit (yes, pumpkins are a fruit). "It's nice to see it all clean."

"I guess," Joe said, rolling up his sleeve and shoving his hand into the pumpkin with some difficulty. His nose wrinkled.

Andy tapped his spoon on the side of the plastic tub to shake a seed off, and Joe grunted. "Uh, Andy?"

"Yes, Joe?"

"My hand is stuck."

Andy looked up, and his face slowly split into a grin. "Are you serious?"

"This is not funny Andy," Joe said, lifting up his pumpkin hand. "Seriously, I'm stuck. Help me."

Andy laughed, then snapped a picture, grinning at Joe's red face. "This is so funny."

"No it isn't," Joe whined. "Seriously, please help me."

"Fine," Andy sighed and began to tug on the pumpkin. "Wow, it really is stuck."

"I told you," Joe grunted, then pulled his hand away. "Okay, ow."

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Andy said. "I didn't even know you could get your hand stuck in a pumpkin."

Joe squinted at the offending fruit. "Get the hammer."

Many hours later, they sat on their couch, Joe's head in Andy's lap, watching Nightmare Before Christmas.

"I'm sorry you broke your hand," Andy mumbled as Jack began to sing.

Joe examined the orange cast on his hand (Andy had insisted on the color). "Yeah. I guess it was kind of my fault though, for smashing it with a hammer. I really thought pumpkins were sturdier than that."

Andy smiled. "At least we weren't stuck in the hospital all afternoon."

"There were a surprising amount of pumpkin-related injuries there," Joe hummed as he watched Jack fall into the snow. "At least I wasn't the only one."

"Most of them didn't smash their hands with a hammer though," Andy chuckled.

Joegrumbled, then turned to the pumpkin on the counter, JackSkellington's face carved into it. "Your pumpkin looks nice, atleast."

"Wecan share it," Andy said, absentmindedly playing with a piece ofJoe's hair. "Since your pumpkin was smashed."

"Alongwith my hand."

"Yeah."

Allin all, it was a pretty good Halloween.

THE END