Shouto Todoroki x Reader: Changes

A/N: So I wrote this after i finished the sports festival arc. I was so inspired by how much Shouto had matured as a result so I wrote this lil thing UvU Hope you enjoy! Plus Ultra!! >0<)////

Todoroki had always been somewhat cold to you in the past despite your attempts at friendly conversation. He just didn't seem interested in anything...social. You tried to get him to do something, anything just to distract him from whatever thoughts clouded his mind.

At first, it was just being concerned for a classmate, but after constantly seeing the silent struggle in his eyes for so long, your concern bloomed into something much more serious. At the times where he did rarely accept going out to lunch with you and a couple of peers, he'd barely say anything. You would end up staring at him and his beautiful head of red and white. You had slowly fallen for the quiet young man and it was more aching than you could've imagined.

To never be truly acknowledged...it hurt more than you could ever imagine.

That was how it was...

Then everything changed.

After the Sports Festival, Todoroki's demeanor became almost gentle, a homely presence emitting off him whenever you were around him. It was strange, but it made you fall for him even more than you already had. He became much more pleasant to be around, even starting up candid small talk with you. Your whole body would warm when he smiled, that small smile that reflected a somewhat content inner soul. It was hard to remind yourself that Todoroki only saw you as a friend, a classmate. The pent-up feelings inside you were almost unbearable, you even started avoiding him. When he'd look at you, you'd quickly avert those beautiful eyes of his and when he'd try to make conversation, you'd nearly choke up and only answer in hums or nods. You hated this, but you just couldn't take the pain of this unrequited romance...

~

"Hey, Todoroki!"

The two-toned teen looked up from his desk and up to the (h/c)-haired girl who was beaming a rather bright smile that was almost too much for the quiet young man.

"Wanna come have lunch with us?" You gestured with a display of your perfectly wrapped bento.

Todoroki blinked and looked back to his desk, a little annoyed,

"No."

"Oh," your voice was hinted in disappointment, still you managed to end with the same tone you started with, "I understand. Maybe next time!"

Todoroki was going to tell you that there would be no next time, but you were already gone, trotting to catch up with Denki and Ashido. Later he found out that your name was (l/name) (f/name). He was surprised he hadn't noticed you before. You had a decent quirk, plus you sat right next to him. When the next time did come around, Todoroki gave you the same answer. Still, as rude as he tried to be, you persisted nonetheless.

On one occasion he had finally accepted,

"If I go this one time, will you finally leave me alone?" he said, raising his voice a bit.

You stared at him, a wide grin slowly spreading on your face as you nodded frantically.

It wasn't all that enjoyable for Todoroki, who had other things on his mind beside making idle chit chat. You attempted to make conversation, but he just responded with a glare, making you retreat and go back to eating your lunch.

Despite your promise, you continued to ask him and honestly, Todoroki was starting to admire your tenacity and boldness. You were a determined girl that was for sure.