An embarrassing thought came to mind. "How badly do you want to shower?"

He finally looked at her, "Why?" She vaguely explained to him what she was thinking and his face reddened. "You don't..you don't have to do that."

"I will though," she insisted and he gave no more rejection or approval. Nodding, she left the hospital room and drove to a nearby store.

Leaving with only one item, she returned to the hospital and found Ana.

"Yeah, of course, he just can't by himself. I'll remove the IV," she told her and then went to Hook's room and took the needle out of his arm.

Emma ran her fingers through his hair as soon as she left, it was quite greasy and gross. "Ready?" She asked, holding up the shopping bag.

He blushed again, "Swan, really, it's not that big of a deal." She knew it was though and he really needed this.

"Sit up and wrap your arm around my shoulders," Emma instructed and he did. She helped him into a standing position and together they walked slowly to the bathroom.

After helping him sit on the closed toilet seat, she handed him the shopping bag. "Put those on and I'll be right back." She left him alone until he said he was ready.

Coming in, she probably should've prepared herself. Thankfully her intake of breath was almost silent. He was so thin. His ribs were sticking out and past the swim shorts she had bought, his knee-caps looked out of place. Seeing her staring, he self consciously wrapped his arms around his stomach, causing Emma to jolt back to reality.

She turned on the spout and drew warm bath water and then waited for it to fill up. Once it did, she wrapped an arm around Killian's waist and helped lower him into the water.

He sighed in relief as the water relaxed him.

They didn't talk as she helped wash his hair and he scrubbed at his body. When his hair was rinsed, she put a hand to his cheek and smiled at him, though it didn't reach her eyes. "All done." He looked small and innocent with his hair plastered down and a defeated look in his eyes.

Killian nodded and she offered a hand to help him stand. He stepped out of the water and on to a blue bathmat while Emma grabbed a fluffy white towel. She wrapped it around his shoulders. "I can get it," he whispered to her, but she shook her head.

"Let me." She began drying him off, avoiding looking at his popped out ribs. Reaching up, she dried his dripping hair and then handed him the hospital gown. "I'm going to go get Ana to put your IV back in."

Out of energy from standing, he collapsed on to the closed toilet seat, his breathing labored as she left.

Ana returned and they helped Killian into bed. "Alright, so we have a plan as of today," she began as she put in the IV, "Doctor wants to do a round of chemotherapy and then we're planning on sending you home tonight. You need to take it easy and take the meds we prescribed. Get lots of rest and nothing strenuous." She left for a moment and then returned with another bag; the chemo. "I'm just going to hook this up and then I'll be back in a little while to check up." After a moment, Ana left them alone.

Killian didn't say anything still and was soon asleep. Emma sighed and stood up as soon as she was sure he was asleep and can closer to the bed. Her fingers brushed hair off his too warm forehead and rested themselves on his cheek. A few times he curled in on himself and moaned in what seemed like pain, so she started rubbing his back.

Emma sat down gingerly on the bed and just watched him sleep. He looked so innocent when his facial features relaxed. "You're going to be alright," she whispered and kissed his forehead. Upon pulling back, she noticed his eyes were opening lazily. "You are," she repeated.

Killian raised his hand and put it on her cheek. "We are," he whispered and then they were kissing. It was slow and gentle. They didn't need any special moment, it was just here and now. Emma's fingers found themselves in his soft hair and his hand continued to cup her cheek.

The kiss was nothing like the one on Neverland. That one was filled with confusion and the heat of the moment, whereas this was all understanding and love.

He kissed her once more and then rested his forehead against her's. Their noses were touching and they had tier eyes closed. Emma continued to run her fingers slowly through his hair while he caressed her cheek. She could feel his warm breath on her face and it gave her chills.

After a moment she kicked off her shoes and climbed under the covers with him. Neither wanted to break the silence with unnecessary words, there was time for that later. His body was warm against her's and she could hear his steady heartbeat when she rested her head on his chest. She felt him kiss the top of her head and pull her close.

Killian felt awful as a result of the drugs running through his system, but there was no where else he would rather be in the world than with his Swan.

I hope the kiss was what you all hoped for and I hope I didn't mess it up. I kept trying to think of things that would make a good kiss scene, but then I just felt like no matter where it was, it was them that made it special. Let me know what you think<3