06 | ろく

february 20XX8/12 Convenience Store, Seoul

february 20XX
8/12 Convenience Store, Seoul.
3:02 am

"So are you saying that you're...." I looked around and lowered my voice, "an R-I as well?"

"My eye just told you the answer." she sighed, maybe she felt uneasy after I knew her secret. "Don't worry, I am one too." I gave her a reassuring smile, "let's keep this secret together."

"Thank you, I know that I can trust you, Haejin-ah, we weren't bestfriends nothing." she smiled back, that time, we felt like we've grew closer than ever, and I no longer feel heavy whenever I'm with her, I no longer have something to hide from her.

"I guess you're both done talking?" Taeyong approached us without any hesitation, as if we're already close, I also noticed that johnny and him were wearing some masks all of a sudden.

"What's the trip now?" I blurted out, taking a sip from my warm drink which I've bought earlier. I saw his confused expression but immediately guessed what I was talking about.

"Oh, this? you both might get in trouble if some regulars saw you talking to us." He sat down beside jiwoo which is infront of me.

"Anyway, I haven't explained, Jiwoo's actually...our cousin." Upon from hearing those words coming out from taeyong's mouth, I choked on my drink. "What?"

"Yeah, I guess I haven't told you alot of things." she scratched her nape, avoiding my gaze. "Jaehyun's also my cousin, we're cousins." she pointed to taeyong and johnny.

I massaged my temples, I am honestly confused right now, I don't know what revelations are still ahead of me.

"If that's the case then..I assume Jaehyun's your cousin too, right?" I asked Taeyong who's currently busy with his phone. "Yeah."

With his answer, it made me more confused, "Why are you both against each other then? you're both working for different teams. Why not collaborate and create peace in this world?" The three of them chuckled, "If we had a chance, we would, but we all grew apart, so–yeah, no more peace." Taeyong answered.

"Our grandfather made us do this." Johnny spoke, clearing his throat, "not only our grandfather actually, but even our parents dragged us in this mess, we were all close back then, not until we reached the age of 17."

"The throne made us rebels." Jiwoo sighed, "Well, actually-not me. They don't consider me as part of the throne war, actually, only Taeyong and Jaehyun were the only ones who's clearly fighting over it." she eyed taeyong, "While for the others, they just decided whether they are in favor of taeyong or jaehyun as the throne holder and just helps them claim it."

"My parents thought I was a regular, she made me team up with Jaehyun who's a regular as well. My mom was an irregular while my dad is a regular, they didn't know it was possible to get a child with both of their traits. All of my childhood days, I lived like a regular, but when I reached the age of 14, I discovered something that only I know." jiwoo sipped from the cup as she continued to narrate.

"I also possess the trait of being an irregular. Along the way of hiding, taeyong knew my secret as he saw my eye color glitched, he then offered help, I also started working for him at the age of 17." With what I just heard, I faced Jiwoo, staring at her confusingly, "You worked for Taeyong at the same time with Jaehyun?"

"Well, yeah.." she nervously chuckled, "If they knew I worked for Taeyong, I'd probably a dead meat right now, I was the only one who's not normal in this family, and grandfather wouldn't like to ruin our family's reputation. He'd probably separate my mom with my father."

"So, you are all cousins with different surnames..does that mean that your grandfather's children are mostly girls?" I curiously asked, Johnny nodded continuously. "He only had one male son, and that's taeyong's dad."

"Oh." I was so immersed in listening to their family's story that I didn't even realized my vision has been telling something.

"Haejin-ah, are you okay? your eye color's been glitching." Jiwoo asked, taking a closer look on my eye.

I had a short vision of someone's point of view while peeking at us and it seems like he's also eavesdropping on our conversations. He seemed so familiar.

"There's someone watching us."