Mysterious Disappearance

Naib opened his eyes to see darkness, he then realised it was still late at night. He got up from his uncomfortable position and looked around. He was in a small stainless steel dog cage with thick bars in the middle of a forest. Through the trees, he could see the manor, not too far away.

He barked and banged on the cage to no avail. He let out a long howl, hoping someone nearby or in the manor could hear. Unfortunately for him, everyone was fast asleep, oblivious to his cry.

There was no one around him, no one to help him. He laid back down to sleep, hoping that in the morning someone would come searching for him.

The next day, the survivors were gathered in the hall, eating their breakfast prepared by the host. William glanced at the empty seat beside him. "Is Naib still asleep?" he asked.

The others shrugged in response, some gave him bemused stares. "I'll go get him," William offered as he got up from his seat and went to Naib's room.

He knocked on the door as it opened ajar. 'He didn't close his door last night?' William thought, taking a peek in his room. "Naib..?" he called. "You here bro?"

He looked around the empty room. There was no trace of him. "Where did he run off to now...," William mumbled and sighed.

He closed the door and went back to the main hall. "He's not in his room," he said, getting worried.

"What are we going to do?" said Emma. "We have a game with him later tonight."

Vera shrugged. "Maybe he went to the game already?" she said.

"This early?" Martha asked.

The survivors grew worried by the second. "Naib!" William called. "Naib!! Where are you?!"

The manor was silent. A look of terror crossed William's face. "This can't be..," he said, not wanting to believe it. "This can't be the punishment the host was talking about, right?" he said in panic.

The others were surprised, the atmosphere in the room grew dreadful. "W-We had five survivors last round...," Emily said. "The host warned us about this."

Their hearts were pounding fast. They couldn't accept the thought of their friend being killed or eliminated permanently. "There goes my appetite," Vera said, putting down her spoon and fork.

Martha took a deep breath to calm down, but her heart kept racing. "Naib won't be forgotten," she said regretfully. "We'll have to keep playing without him. I'll take his place the next round, if you all don't mind," she continued.

William looked at the seat beside his, where Naib would usually be. He recalled all the moments he shared with Naib; the time he'd pass the salt instead of the sugar, causing Naib to spit his drink all over the table. Naib was so mad he could've killed him. Despite all that, he was still a bro to him.

William sniffed. "I'm not crying," he said, wiping his eyes.

"Nobody asked," Kevin pointed out.

William made it through his day, constantly worrying about his best friend. He had a feeling that he was still alive somewhere, scared and alone. He sighed, wandering aimlessly in the halls. 'I should just accept the reality that he's gone,' he thought, frowning at the ground.

He overheard the girl's conversation in the main hall. "Poor Naib," said Helena. "He didn't do anything to deserve this.."

"Except for breaking the rules and trying to kill the hunters," Fiona said matter-of-factly.

"But the hunters try to kill us too," Vera said.

"That's their role," Emily said. "Besides, they don't actually kill us, they injure us and send us back to the manor," she went on. "Naib on the other hand..."

"But he can't help it though, he's just trying to protect us," Emma said.

William left the scene. He didn't want to hear another word about Naib as it broke his heart. His best friend was gone, it was like a part of him went missing.

Meanwhile, Wu Chang was sitting on the sofa in the main hall. He touched his chin as he was deep in thought. "What's the matter, White?" Jack asked, just entering the room.

"Nothing," he said. "I'm just wondering where is that mercenary. He seems to have gone missing."

Jack looked at him, surprised. "What do you mean gone missing? How did you know?" he said.

"I overheard the survivors' conversation," White answered. "Looks like I won't have to worry about this ruthless creature then."

"Hey, Naib's not a ruthless creature," Jack defended. "He let me pet him last round. He's not ruthless."

"He let you pet him because he was buying time for his team. He's a wolf, Jack. He can sense your emotions," White said. "He probably knew you liked him and used it to his advantage."

"He's still a precious boi though," Jack said. "I won't let this slide. I will find him!" he said with determination.

"All the best in your search," White said. "My match will start soon, I'll see you later then," he continued as he stood and went to the exit. Jack waved him goodbye. He frowned as he wondered where his little Naib could've gone.

******

A/N:
Thank you for reading, have a nice day~

Don't forget to follow these awesome people of the squad by @MarthaBehamfil
👇👇👇
Survivors
Gardener - luminescentie
Coordinator - MarthaBehamfil
Mercenary - Artist-Fantasy
Mechanic - TZYzOeY | nizons
Lucky Guy - starsglory
Doctor - DoctorDyer / __poppyseed__
Prophet/Fortune Teller - EchoJustice
Forward - _AwkwardLoser_
Dancer - 1ChainedToTheRythm1

Hunters
Geisha - Lollipop11213345
The Ripper - Achinubis
Smiley Face - Siniora-Chan
Violetta - PichetPlykum
Wu Chang (Black) - Chocofunduk | JaeAndLex (Lex)
Wu Chang (White) - JaeAndLex (Jae)