Transformation

Naib stared into the mark wearily. His palm slowly got closer, he could almost touch it.

Suddenly, someone knocked on his door, causing it to stop glowing as the mark disappeared. "Naib, you there?" It was Vera.

'What does she want...,' Naib thought, slightly irritated. He opened his door at looked at her with an expressionless face.

She looked away in annoyance. "Look, I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to be so harsh. I was just pointing out your flaws so you can get better, somehow."

"Is that all you wanted to say?" said Naib. Vera stayed silent, that was basically all she wanted to say. Naib began closing his door when Vera stopped it.

"Wait!" she said. "You can play the next round, okay? Don't worry about the decoding or whatever," she continued. "Leave that to us, you just do what you can and rescue us if we're caught."

Naib was speechless for a while. "You're really okay with me joining?" he asked. "After the previous rounds?"

Vera glanced to the side and saw Martha hiding behind a statue, giving her an encouraging smile and a thumbs up. "Yeah," said Vera.

Naib didn't know if he should be happy or scared. Vera put a hand on his shoulder. "Just know, that if you don't rescue me, I won't be satisfied," she said.

"O-Okay," he said.

As the sun set, Naib adjusted his elbow pads, getting ready for another game. "I can't fail this time," he muttered to himself. "They're giving me another chance, I have to protect them."

'You shall not fail,' said a low voice.

Naib shot his head up. He looked around his room cautiously. "Who's there?" he said. There was nobody around. Where did the voice come from?

Then, his door glowed once more. The red spiral-like symbol from before appeared again, pulsing brightly. Naib stared at it, wary and confused.

He stepped closer to the mark, observing it carefully. Slowly, he lifted his hand and touched the mark. Nothing happened.

Suddenly, a strong force tugged him forward. Pieces of glass appeared out of nowhere as the sound of glass shattering rang in his ears. The next thing he knew, he was in complete darkness.

Naib looked around him to see nothing but black. The only source of light was the red sky illuminating through a big window that was about fifty feet away.

He stayed standing in his spot, contemplating the situation. His gaze landed on the window, the blood moon was big and round in the sky. He shivered as a cold chill ran down his spine, a deep growl coming from behind.

Behind him, a pair of big, bloodshot eyes was watching. The growling gradually got closer and closer. Naib looked over his shoulder to see a gigantic wolf, towering over him. Its mouth was ajar, showing off its sharp teeth as it growled deeply.

Legs shaking, he stood as still as he could, glancing around for a way out. There didn't seem to be any, the only opening was the big window. He exhaled to calm himself down a little. In a swift motion, he darted to the window as fast as he could.

But a shadow-like figure dashed past him and blocked his way. There it stood, the large black wolf with red, glowing eyes staring into his soul. Before Naib could do anything, the wolf transformed into a thick black smoke and surrounded him.

The shadow circled Naib vigorously. He had to cover his face with his arm as the wind from the swift shadow blew against him.

'Mercenary...,' said the deep, eerie voice from before.

Naib looked around to see where the voice was coming from. That was when he realised, it was coming from inside his head.

'The centre loses everything,' said the voice.

Naib held his head in his hands as he felt something taking control of him. He gritted his teeth, trying to fight it.

'I will give you power... Naib Subedar.'

Naib stopped struggling for a moment. 'Power..?' he thought as he slowly gave in to the shadow. 'Does that mean... I'll be able to protect them?' he hoped. The dark beast surrounding him got closer as he stopped resisting. Naib's blue eyes flashed red before the shadow engulfed him completely.

'Go.'

When he opened his eyes, he felt as if he was reborn. Power surged through him as he got down on all fours. He saw the window again. The red sky shimmering through it, welcoming him.

He let out a low growl as he ran towards the glass, his enhanced speed surprised him for a second. The window shattered as he charged straight through.

He realised he was in the highest floor of the manor and landed perfectly on all fours upon reaching the ground. Standing up, he stared at the blood moon. He let out a growl as he head to the Sacred Heart Hospital.

Meanwhile, Servais and Kurt were waiting in the main hall. Emma joined them not long after. "He's not in his room," she said.

Servais raised an eyebrow. "Where could he be?" he asked and sighed. "We give him a chance and he disappears on us... what a guy," he continued.

Kurt scratched his head. "If he's not here, did he leave before us?" he said.

"What?" Servais said in disbelief. "No way, why would he go without us?"

"Maybe he's mad at us for excluding him earlier?" Kurt said worriedly.

It was Servais' turn to scratch his head. "We gave him another chance didn't we?" he said. "Plus, Vera apologised. That's the best he could possibly ask for," he went on.

"Hey!" Vera said, standing up from her seat. She sighed as she decided to let that comment slide. "I guess I don't have a choice then," she said. "I'll take his place, since he's not going to show."

Servais, Kurt, and Emma glanced at each other before shrugging. "Sure," said Servais. That being said, they head out to their game, not knowing that there was a fifth survivor waiting for them at the Sacred Heart Hospital.

******

A/N:
Thank you for reading~
Don't forget to follow the awesome people from squad~
👇👇👇

Survivors
Gardener - luminescentie
Coordinator - MarthaBehamfil
Mercenary - Artist-Fantasy
Mechanic - TZYzOeY
Lucky Guy - starsglory
Doctor - DoctorDyer / __poppyseed__
Prophet/Fortune Teller - EchoJustice
Forward - _AwkwardLoser_

Hunters
Geisha - Lollipop11213345
The Ripper - Achinubis
Wu Chang (Black) - Chocofunduk
And our new member~
Smiley Face - Siniora-Chan ^o^