Lost And Found

A/N:
Here's another comment by EchoJustice to make your day. 'Cause it certainly made mine XD

Also, I would like to let you guys know that the next chapter might take a little while longer than usual

This is because I have not been feeling well for a few days now. Hopefully I will have the energy to write soon, thank you for understanding 🙏

******

A few days had passed since Naib's disappearance. Both survivors and hunters had accepted the fact that he was killed as a punishment from the host. Everyone except Jack who never believed he was dead.

Jack couldn't shake the feeling that Naib was still alive. "You have to let go, Jack," said Joseph. "It's not good for you to cling to the dead. I should know...," Joseph mumbled the last part.

Jack held his head in pain. "He's still alive, I know it," he said mournfully. "I just know it... He can't be dead... right?"

Joseph frowned as he understood what Jack was going through, for he too had lost someone dear to him. Joseph went up to him and pat his shoulder. "There there," he said. After a moment of silence, Joseph spoke. "Let's go for a walk outside the manor, it can help get this off your mind a little bit."

Jack sighed and thought it was a good idea. With every second of thinking about Naib, his heart ached a little more. "Thank you, Joseph," he said.

Joseph smiled warmly at him. "Don't mention it," he said.

They got out the manor to be greeted by the morning sun. "What a beautiful sky," Joseph said. Jack joined him in looking up. He's right, it is beautiful. The sky had a perfect tone of light blue, decorated with puffs of cloud.

"Hold on, I'll go get my camera," Joseph said, rushing back into the manor.

'Even in a place like this, he can still find the beauty in life,' Jack thought. He stood at the door, awaiting Joseph's return.

That's when he heard it, a soft whine coming from the forest. Jack squinted his eyes, observing the pitch-black forest. He couldn't quite make out what in there due to the dark shadows of the trees.

Just then, Joseph came back. He took a picture of the pretty sky. "Hey, Joseph," Jack said, his eyes fixed in the forest.

"Hmm?" Joseph hummed curiously.

"I think there's something in the forest," Jack went on. "I heard whining just now when you were gone."

"Might I remind you that this manor is haunted? It's best we don't wander off into the forest because you heard a strange sound," said Joseph. "You could be hallucinating for all I know."

"Yea but-," Jack stopped when they heard another whine. It sounded like an animal was in pain. Jack looked at Joseph. "You heard that too right?" Jack said.