Katherine and I live in the same apartment but compared to other apartments, hers looks like a house for a family. We became bestfriends since we met in college and later on we decided to live together.

Well, enough about our backround. It's too common for a story.

I ran for a few more laps and decided to stop. Well, look at that, time really do fly fast when you're busy, it's already 6:30. I need to get some coffee and breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kate, tara na. Bumili ako ng breakfast natin." She didn't respond, maybe she's still sleeping.

"WHAT?!" I almost dropped the glass because of Kate's shrieking voice. I followed her voice and saw her on the phone. She looks excited.

"Yes mom... sige po... Pupunta ako jan as soon as possible... Dadalhin ko na din yung ibang designs?... okay.. Bye, mom... love you." Saan kaya siya pupunta? Ang alam ko nasa Paris si tita.

"Sab!" She squealed like a teenage girl and hugged me, not to mention that I'm sweaty.

"Ang saya mo ah. Ano bang sabi ni tita?" She looked at me and smiled from ear to ear, her eyes sparkling. I think I already know.

"Yung designs ko! Lahat ng designs ko! Ila-launch na sa Paris Fashion Week and I'm gonna be there!" She's jumping up and down while shaking me. I know she's happy but seriously, I'm getting dizzy.

"Kumalma ka nga, Kate. First of all, I'm so happy for you kasi matutupad na yung dream mo. At pangalawa, pakibitawan ako dahil pawis ako at nahihilo ako sa ginagawa mo!" I gave her my bored look and she automatically released me.

"I'm so excited! 2 years din akong naghintay Sab!" I shook my head and smiled sincerely at her.

"Sige na, pag-usapan natin to habang nagbe-breakfast okay?" She gave me an "aye aye captain salute" and made her way to the kitchen counter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, kailan ang alis mo?" I asked her while I was eating my omelette.

"3 days from now.." she said, still smiling like an idiot. I can't blame her though. It is an opportunity. Wait.. Did she say 3 days?

"3 days? That soon? Kailan ang Fashion Week?"

"Siguro by the end of December.." My mouth dropped open. That's like 3-4 months from now. I heard her giggle.

"Hay nako, Sab! Alam mo namang matagal na preparation ang kailangan diyan. I have to organize everything ahead of time." I shrugged in response.

"Well, I guess 3-4 months isn't that bad. Sanay naman akong mag isa and besides kaya ko sa---"

"Oh my gosh!!" She didn't let me finish.

"Bakit? Anong meron?"

"Hindi kita pwedeng iwan dito mag isa!" her eyes widened as if she's in shock.. horror.

"Bakit? For heaven's sake, Katherine Gail Imperial. Hindi ako isang 5-year-old na alagain. Kaya ko sarili ko."

"No! Kanina lang kulang na lang buhusan kita ng tubig para magising. Gabi gabi kang nagkaka-nightmare, Sab! Paano kung hindi ka magising?!" she's acting like my dad. I sighed.

"Hindi pwedeng hindi ka tumuloy. Hindi pwedeng dahil lang doon." I said and stood up, cleared the table and washed the dishes, leaving her there looking all serious.

So habang tulala siya doon, magsho-shower ako.

I closed my eyes and let the cold water soothe my mind and body. This is so cliche. Other people would want a warm bath instead of a cold one.

I washed my hair and body thoroughly. I didn't realize how long I was in there until Kate knocked and told me to get out.

I went out of the shower and Kate was no where to be found. I dressed up and went into the living room.

"Hey couz! It's me Katherineeee!.... geez wag ka ngang masyadong cold jan, magkaka wrinkles ka!....Uh-huh anyway, My friend ako, mags-stay muna siya jan.... Nu-uh! You can't say no, remember you owe me one, Viny!.... Ugh don't be so stubborn jan siya tutuloy.... Nagpaalam na ako kay tita!.... Oh come on, Viny.. Pleaseeee?..... Yes! We'll be there on tuesday! Bye!" That was a weird conversation.

"Sab! My cousin, Viny, agreed for you to stay at their house while I'm gone!" I gave her a what-are-you-even-talking-about-look.

"On Tuesday, you're going to stay with Viny, my cousin." she smiled real wide and it's really creepy sometimes.

"Kate, ayoko maging pabigat sa pinsan mo. I can manage, hindi na kailangan ng guardian or whatever!" I shook my head and rolled my eyes at her.

"Sab, please gawin mo to para sa akin. Ayoko namang nandoon ako sa Paris na busy yet nag aalala sayo. Gusto ko namang mapanatag na okay ka. Please, Sabby, kahit para sakin na lang.." She pleaded and she looked like as if she was a 5 year old asking her mom to buy her a toy.

I sighed. I know I can't resist her. I raised both my hands up as a sign that I surrender to what she wants.

"Yay! Thanks, Sabby! Hindi ka mag sisisi! Besides, Viny is a great psychiatrist and he can also help you with your night terrors!" She jumped on me and hugged me. I hugged her back and laughed with her, knowing she's happy.

Maybe her cousin is not that bad.

Wait. Did she say "psychiatrist"?!

NOTE: Please share your thoughts about the story for every update. Your reactions are highly appreciated! Thanks.

-Scripter