Chapter 2

Picture of Daniel on the side! :)

                                       Now

        The roar of the crowd was all I could hear as I watched our high school football team score another touchdown. My boyfriend Daniel, who just happened to be the quarterback of the football team, caught my eye and winked at me which made me blush uncontrollably. I blew him a kiss from the stands and watched as he flashed me his heartbreakingly handsome smile before he walked back over to where all his other teammates were celebrating.

“Don’t think I didn’t notice you giving Daniel the goo-goo eyes a moment ago,” my friend Erica said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I glanced over at Erica and was struck by how beautiful she was with her long, caramel brown hair, hazel eyes, and clear, olive skin.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said shrugging it off.

“Come on Sophie ever since he asked you out 3 months ago, you’ve been completely obsessing over him,” she said, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“Is that jealousy I hear?” I joked.

“I’m just saying you shouldn’t get too involved, you never know what’s going to happen,” she said, taking on a serious tone which was rare for her.

“I know you are doing this for my best interest but Daniel isn’t like that, he is sweet and caring and smart and sexy and everything I’ve always wanted in a guy,” I said.

“Do you think he’s the one?” she asked me.

“I think he may be,” I said looking her in the eye to let her know how serious I was.

“Just be careful, promise me Sophie,” she said.

“I pinky promise,” I said lifting one of the corners of my mouth into a smile.

She held out her pinky for me and hooked her pinky in mine before pulling it away and back into the thick, black gloves she was wearing.

“Enough with all this seriousness, let’s get in the spirit of the game and do the wave,” she said standing up. I smiled to myself as the old, crazy Erica came back.

“Come on party poopers get off your lazy tart and do the wave with me,” she said, pulling me up from my comfortable seat on the bleachers.

“Just this once,” I said, giving in to her demands like always.

“That’s more like it,” she said while pumping her fist in the air.

We waited as the other side stood up and then when the “wave” hit us we waved our arms frantically and then sat back down.

“Well that was fun,” I said sarcastically.