Chapter 4 : Butch's Deli

Start from the beginning

"What?" I laughed uncomfortably.

"I can't look?"

"No. You can't." I smiled as I tried to walk past him.

"Emma wait..." He trailed off. "Luke... he left this morning."

"What where?" I asked feeling the worry rising in me.

"He went to look at that case. Sam and I turned on his gps on his car and his phone. Sam is gonna head up to get him soon. I think it's best if he goes." I nodded. There was no way I was going. Dean could have gone. But him and Sam got along better than him and Dean did. I think it was a competitive thing. Dean and Luke were the same age and Sam was four months older than me. Sam and I were like best friends but Dean and Luke were always super protective of me. I never got why Dean was but I think I was starting to understand why.

"Good. Maybe Sam should just let him go." I said flatly

"Oh Em you don't mean that."

"Yes I do." I stared at him harshly. "We can keep tabs on him with the gps but I don't want him here. We've spent our whole lives together. We paid our dues and we said what ever goodbyes we needed to last night. Lucy or not that fight was bound to happen. He's gone. I'm good."

"No you aren't. I know you aren't. Cut that shit."

"Dean I was actually less pissed than usual this morning... do you wanna ruin that?" He sighed. He knew I was the most stubborn person he knew. That I would get my way and we would drop it or I'd drop him. I was a raw nerve and he wasn't looking to mess with me. I slid past him pulling my coffee to my lips as I stepped down the stairs. It wasn't hot anymore and the flavor was gone. I only drank coffee if it was fresh from the pot. No good otherwise. I glided into the kitchen adding new coffee to my cup breathing life and heat into it again.

"Hey princess."

"Hey dumbass."

"Classy. Wanna enlighten me on what ever happened with you and your brother?"

"No actually I don't."

"Well you're gonna." He gruffed as I kept my back to him.

"Nope."

"Em. Something happened he came flying out of here looking like he went five rounds with a brick wall and you slept in later than you ever has."

"Uncle Bobby leave it be."

"Emilia Rosemary Singer tell me whats happening or so help me I will beat it out of you."

"This is what happened." I barked spinning around, pointing to my jaw. "He threw Lucy and Mom in my face and knocked me around so I hit him back. He left to go on some suicide mission up north because god forbid anyone in this family handles their shit. So I'm gonna pour some whiskey in my coffee and go get some food that some old drunk didn't cremate!" Bobby stood there slightly in shock.

"Emma I'm sorry..."

"Don't be, just leave me be until you find me a damn hunt." I grumbled as I marched up stairs. I went into my closet and pulled my black jeans from the shelf. I grabbed my grey thin long sleeve top from its hanger and my black high heeled combat boots. I threw on some basic makeup to hide the zombie look and my now much darker bruises. I curled a few pieces of my hair that the curl had fallen from the day before and grabbed my cash from my stash.

"Where are you going?" I could hear Dean hanging in my doorway again. Was that his favorite spot? Why the hell didn't he come in ever. I mean we swapped spit last night and all but professed our deep connection to each other. Not to mention the shared the most private and painful events in our life.