Chapter 2 : Pushed Her Too Far

Start from the beginning

"You're right. He's throwing himself at hunts. He's reckless and he is risking our lives too. But that's what we do Emms. We hunt. We chop off heads and burn some bones. It was keeps us sane. I can't imagine loosing Sam. And watching Sam after Lucy... I couldn't help him. It was Jess all over again." He heaved a sigh. "When you loose someone like that? I can't imagine if I lost-" he stopped short silently stuttering, "After Sam? I got no right judging him."

"Its been three months. That... that isn't sanity. Thats spiraling. Fast. We're no good on a hunt if we can't even take the time to heal or catch our breath. I'm not saying stop hunting or even slowing down too much. All I want is a flippin' day, to take a shower and eat some food that isn't a 7-Eleven burrito."

"And I think you're entitled to that. But if he wants to go whats the harm? Sam and I take time apart sometimes."

"Would you let Sam hunt, especially alone if he was like this?" There was a pause. He knew I was right.
"No... I wouldn't." He said quietly.

"See. He's not even thinking like a hunter Dean you saw that article. There was no way it was even a case. I don't need him to braid my hair and tell me his inner most thoughts and secrets. I just need him to find a way to deal because what ever he's doing... it isn't dealing. And after everything, everything I've tried to do. He goes and throws my dad in my face? He brings up shit he promised he'd never repeat and clocks me one!"

"You got him back." Dean said with a troubled smirk, finishing up on my stitches. "And then some."

"Yeah I'm not even apologizing for that."

"Good. You were bad ass. I had a hard time pulling you off of him." He said as he returned the med kit and pulled something from the car. I used my t-shirt as a towel, wiping the blood that was visible in the moonlight from my skin.

"I don't even really know what happened. One minute I was yelling, the next I was hitting him."

"Emma you need to know that what ever just happened, it's not on you."

"Doesn't mean I'm not gonna blame myself for it. Doesn't mean I'm gonna to be okay with it."

"Thats what this is for." Dean smirked, handing me a bottle of whiskey. I paused, trying not to let it show that I was more than happy to see it. I gave in with a smile and pulled the bottle with my good arm, my lips welcomed the slight burn it brought. I took three big swigs before handing the bottle to him.

"Catch up Winchester."
"Easy tiger you're what 100lbs soaking wet?" He smirked.

"With rocks in my pockets." I rolled my eyes as I finished his usual jab at me. He loved how small I was compared to him and Sam. Luke was the same height as Dean so I was constantly picked up and thrown around. Manhandled for their amusement. They loved to put things high up so I'd have to jump or climb to things. I hated it. Even though I was small I could hold my own, making that clear if it wasn't already after fighting Luke. I was not to be messed with. We sat there for a minute in the brisk air looking at the clear night sky. Something we'd do on trips where motels weren't always an option, or we needed a break from driving on some back road. I felt a shiver run up my spine realizing how exposed my skin was.

"Oh shit, here." He said handing me his jacket. I normally wouldn't take it but the autumn air and the bullshit night I just endured was enough to make me give in with out hesitation. I slipped it over my shoulders, slinking my good arm into the sleeve, letting the other side drape over me. It still had his body heat trapped inside and it was soothing as it washed over my icy skin. I nestled into it as he leaned up against my side, standing as I sat contently on baby.