Chapter 28 "You're A Doctor"

"Only a few people have my cell phone number," Shaylynn tells Hank, " Whoever sent this video had to get my number from Jay's phone while it was Med."
"Let's go back to Med!" Hank tells her.

~~~~~~~

Walking into the ED, Hank starts looking around, "Who are you looking for?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Dr. Igorery," he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at him, "Who's that? I've never heard of him."
"He's an ED doctor Jay has been suspicious of for quite some time," Hank tells her not seeing the doctor anywhere.
Hank walks over to Maggie, "Do you know where Dr. Igorery is?" he asks her.
"He left twenty minutes ago," Maggie tells him.
"Thanks!" Hank tells he turning around, "We need to go see Ms. Goodwin," he tells Shaylynn.

"We need the address for Dr. Vincent Igorery," Hank tells Ms. Goodwin as he and Shaylynn stand in front of her desk.
"For what reason?" Ms. Goodwin asks him.
"He's now a suspect in an ongoing case and suspected of abducting an Officer," Hank tells her.
Ms. Goodwin types of few things on her computer, then the printer starts printing. She gets up from her desk to grab the piece of paper and hands it to Shaylynn.
"Thank you!" Shaylynn tells her.
Hank and Shaylynn walk out of Ms. Goodwin's office, then out of Med toward his car, "Call everyone and tell them to meet us at that address," Hank tells Shaylynn as they get in.
Hank speeds out of the parking lot heading toward the doctor's address.

~~~~~~~

By the time Hank and Shaylynn reach the address the rest of the Intelligence Unit is there.
"Do you have a warrant?" Antonio asks Hank.
"With Jay missing, we don't need one!" Hank tells him.
"There's a garage out back," Ruzek tells Hank.
"Some of us will go inside the house, while the rest go to the garage," Hank says looking at Shaylynn who has a vest on, "What are you doing?" he asks her.
"You are NOT leaving me out of this! Anyways I have a vest on!" she tells him.
Hank glares at her, "Ruzek, Rixton, Atwater, you guys go with Shaylynn and check out the garage," he tells them as Shaylynn starts walking away, "Keep your eyes on her!"
All three guys nod at him and take off running to catch up with her.
Everyone else enters the house.
Shaylynn and the guys carefully enter the garage to find no one inside but a lot of freezers with long tables beside them.
She runs over to a freezer hoping not to find Halstead in it. Quickly opening it she looks inside, then slams it back down, taking off running outside.
Ruzek runs outside after her as Atwater and Rixton walk over to the freezer and open it up.
Looking back at them is two women with their abdomens cut open and their uteruses tore out. By the smell, they've been there for a long time.
Antonio comes running out of the house to find Shaylynn throwing up and Ruzek holding her hair back.
"What happened?" Antonio asks Ruzek.
"I'm not sure but something inside of a freezer made her sick!" Ruzek tells him.
Shaylynn stands up, "This doctor's in on it!" she says.
"You need to get inside and to the upstairs bathroom!" Antonio tells Shaylynn.
Shaylynn gets a worried look on her face and takes off running inside.

Running up the stairs, she comes face to face with Hank, "Take it easy!" he tells her.
"Get out of my way!" she tells Hank pushing him to the side as she looks in the bathroom, "Oh God, Jay!"
He turns to look at her. 

Shaylynn rushes over to him as sirens can be heard outside

~~~~~

An hour later, Shaylynn and Halstead are walking up the stairs to the Intelligence Bullpen.
"Why are you two here?" Hank asks them.
Shaylynn rolls her eyes, "Stubborn ass won't go home," she tells Hank.
"I'm just like you!" Halstead tells Shaylynn kissing her on the cheek, "Have you found out anything?" he asks Hank.
"All the bodies that we found had traces of Meth around their uteruses," Hank tells him.
Shaylynn's eyes get big, "What is it?" Hank asks her.
"Everything has been wrong!" she tells him, "They're not selling the organs, they're cutting the women open to get their drugs out," she says.
"But how are they putting them in the women's uteruses?" Antonio asks.
"There's a gel called Prostaglandin that's inserted into the vagina with a syringe that helps the cervix dilate," she tells him, "With Dr. Boner being a Gynecologist and Obstetrician he can get his hands on it easily."
"But how does Dr. Igorery fit into all of this?" Ruzek asks.
"I bet he's the one dealing the drugs," Antonio says, "And Dr. Boner supplied the women."
"Exactly!" Shaylynn says, "All of the women that were found came to America from Brazil. Did any of your reports say that?" Shaylynn asks.
Hank looks around at everyone, they shake their heads 'no', "How do you know this?" Hank asks her.
"The last time I was taken, they were talking about how the scanners in airports were getting more intrusive about how much they were scanning. Especially coming from Brazil," she tells him, "That's where a lot of the escorts were coming from."
"But what about the American women we found?" Antonio asks her.
"More than likely their 'mules' going between states. If they get stopped by the police, they won't be able to search the uterus," Shaylynn tells him.
Shaylynn then looks at Halstead with a frightened look, "Maybe that prick did the same thing to me!", she tells him, "And that's why he kept coming after me! Oh God, Jay! The baby!"
Halstead looks over at Hank, "Antonio, get them to Med!" Hank tells him.
Antonio throws the folder he was holding down on his desk, "Let's go!" he tells them.
The three of them rush down the stairs.

~~~~~~~

Rushing into the ED, Shaylynn goes right for Maggie, "I need to have an ultrasound done!" Shaylynn tells her.
Maggie looks at Shaylynn confused, "What for?" she asks.
"To make sure there are no drugs in my uterus," Shaylynn tells her.
Maggie gets a surprised look on her face, "Dr. Halstead, get over here!" Maggie yells.
Dr. Halstead walks over, "You better take Shaylynn into a room and do an ultrasound on her," Maggie tells him, "They'll explain once you go in there."
Dr. Halstead walks into Trauma one with Shaylynn, Antonio, and his brother behind him.
"What's this all about?" Dr. Halstead asks.
Antonio explains what's going on and why they want the ultrasound done for.
Dr. Halstead gets the machine ready as Shaylynn lifts her shirt.
Moving the transducer around, Dr. Halstead doesn't see anything except the baby, "A transvaginal ultrasound could be done. It will show more," he tells them.
"Alright, do that!" Shaylynn tells Dr. Halstead.
He looks over at his brother, "Will, you're a doctor! Just do it!" Shaylynn yells at him.
Antonio looks at Halstead, "I'll be outside!" he says high tailing it out as Shaylynn starts taking off her pants, Dr. Halstead handing a sheet over to his brother to cover her up.
After Shaylynn's settled, Dr. Halstead looks at his brother, "Will, stop looking at Jay and do it!" she tells him.
"You heard her," Halstead tells him.
Dr. Halstead shakes his head and puts the vaginal transducer under the sheet, inserting it into Shaylynn making her flinch a little.
"Are you alright?" Dr. Halstead asks her.
"Yes, it was just cold," she tells him.
Dr. Halstead looks at the screen, "I don't see anything that shouldn't be there," he tells them, "I see a perfectly forming baby floating around," he says taking the transducer out.
"Maybe he was just checking my uterus to make sure nothing was wrong or didn't have the drugs at the time when he did his thing," Shaylynn says relieved to Halstead, "Thanks, Will!" she says turning her attention to him.
"You're welcome!" Dr. Halstead tells her.
"Was there possibly a chance you saw what the sex of the baby was?" Halstead asks his brother.
Dr. Halstead shakes his head 'no', "It's still a little too early to tell," he tells his brother.
Halstead gets a disappointed look on his face.
"I'll step out so you can get dressed," Dr. Halstead tells Shaylynn.
Dr. Halstead walks out closing the curtain behind him.
Halstead helps Shaylynn down off the bed and hands her, her pants. Right as she's buttoning them, they hear a knock, "Yeah!" Halstead says.
"Is it safe?" they hear Antonio ask in a frantic tone.
"Yeah, what's going on?" Halstead asks him pushing back the curtain.
"Hank just called, Dr. Boner was bailed out and has disappeared!" Antonio tells him.