Chapter 12: Snitch

Start from the beginning

Jaehwan and Yugyeom quickly get up, not caring about the person.

"It looks bad Jeongguk." Jaehwan says and Jeongguk winces when the pain shoots up a little.

"It'll heal." Jeongguk says, using his cloak to stop the blood. This was nothing for Jeongguk and Jaehwan.

"Let's head back now." Jaehwan says and the the Crown Prince gets up.

--------------------------

"What happened?" Hoseok asks when his eyes land in Jeongguk's palm where a deep cut is.

"Glass cut, no big deal." Jeongguk shrugs. The cut is obvious it's deep and Hoseok's mind is invaded by Taehyung's words.

He'll be hurt. He'll get hurt. Must be a coincidence. Hoseok thinks.

"Jeongguk?"

"Yeah?"

"Taehyung was asking for you earlier in the morning. He looked pretty devastated." Hoseok says and Jeongguk furrows his eyebrows.

"Why?"

"He was panicking. When I told him you weren't in the palace he wanted you to be called back." Jeongguk stood confused to all this.

"He said you'll get hurt." Jeongguk's eyes widen for a mere second and he looks at his palm.

How could he knew?

"He was worried Jeongguk, atleast let him see you so he'll calm down." Hoseok says but Jeongguk shakes his head.

"No."

"Stop being so stubborn." Hoseok huffs.

"Tell him that." Jeongguk replies.

"Well don't come whining to me when someone else wins his heart." Hoseok says and turns aroun, a smirk plastered on his face.

"What? What did you say?" Hoseok knew Jeongguk would react even though he made that up.

"You heard me Jeongguk and besides, you also have to tell him about the ball dance practice, you'll have to talk to him eventually." With that Hoseok marches off satisfied.

"To hell with this ball." Jeongguk mumbles and his legs carry him towards the room.

------------------------

Taehyung jumps a little when he hears a knock. The scent immediately calms him, telling him who stands outside the room.

Taehyung immediately gets up from the bed and fixes himself as he hears another knock.

"Come in." Taehyung softly speaks and the door opens. Taehyung doesn't know why his heart threatens to beat out of his chest and why he feels so hot suddenly.

Though fear envelopes him soon after when he is met with Jeongguk's cold eyes and expression blank.

Why are you scared. He won't hurt you.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung whispers and the Alpha stops a little farther from the omega.

"Mother decided to hold a ball dance tomorrow, for the practice. I came here to tell you to be ready tomorrow." Jeongguk says but Taehyung is busy searching for any bruise on Jeongguk to see if the Crown Prince was hurt or not.

"And I'm not hurt at all." Jeongguk says locking his hands behind his back and Taehyung stares at him surprised then he realises Hoseok must've told him.

"Oh. That's-that's good to hear." Taehyung says and silence envelopes them.

"I should get going." Jeongguk breaks the silence.