4. Glee Bleeding Eyes

She swallowed thickly as her pale blue eyes clashed with his sapphire ones. Did he recognize her? Would he? She ripped her eyes away and smiled at Danny. The last time she seen this dirtbag, he had a woman wrapped around him after discarding her like yesterday's news. How dare he? After everything she did! Her nostrils flared, and she worked hard to project a look of boredom when her insides were roaring with fury.

Ashley shifted on the black leather sofa, pulling out her sleek iPhone to scroll through her non-existent contact list. Bleh. She really needed to make some friends. The glow from her phone highlighted her blue eyes as she scrolled through twitter reading the latest news in medical journals. Giving off an air of nonchalance, even though, her form rang out with awareness to the current situation at hand.

She held back a snort at the sound of Corey clearing out his throat. He was nothing. He meant nothing.

"Dude, do you need a water or something?" Danny asked, sending a concerned look his way. "You don't want to damage your chords."

"Water would be nice," Corey added, and Ashley bristled as she felt his gaze on her. Did he think she was a servant or something? Well, she slaved enough for him during the hard years she put into their past relationship.

"They're in the staff lounge. We're on limited time. I'm ready to get this party started."

"Right," Corey added before turning on his heels and leaving her and Danny alone. Ashley snickered.

"The guy is oddly entitled, to come from scraps," Danny said, swiveling in his chair and adjusting some knobs on the soundboard.

Was that what he was telling people these days? His sob story? She was the one busting her ass. And poor as a hobo before Thane scooped her up and showed her what true love was. A soft smile spread across her face at the thought of him.

"What's that look for?" Danny asked curiously. He stared at shock as she flushed an enchanting shade of red.

"I was just thinking about Thane. He's such an amazing guy," she said, breathlessly wishing she was in the arms of her man. Only to grin widely as he came bursting through the door.

"Thane!" she shouted in elation, propelling herself into his arms.

"Hey sweetheart," he said, planting a solid but chaste kiss on her lips. Ashley stared into his gunmetal grey eyes completely lost. How did she come to love this man so much and in such a short amount of time?

"I love you, babe," he said, smiling into her eyes.

"I love you too," she said, sighing lovingly and sinking into his embrace only to realize they were still in Danny's presence. Her cheek burned brilliantly, sending provocative masculine chuckles spilling from Thane's lips.

"Um, yeah. Uh, excuse me," she mumbled untangling herself out of his arms, finding the soundboard to be the most interesting piece of equipment in the room. The men chuckled at her expense and Thane pulled her into his arms once more.

"You've certainly got a keeper there my man. I'm so jealous," he said, watching the two.

"You bet I do. Well, I've done all I can for today. I'll return tomorrow to check the systems and scans," he said barely sparing a look for Danny, his eyes focused on the beautiful woman in his arms.

Ashley felt as if she were having heart palpitations. This man. He was becoming her everything so quickly. And it terrified her. What if...what if he left her? What if she wasn't good enough? She smoothed the frown forming in between her brows and smile adoringly at her fiancé. She wanted this. And she was willing to fight for it.

"Crap! I'm so sorry Thane," Ashley said, realizing she left her purse behind. Danny called Thane to let him know he had it behind. It was a good thing too. They were about to pull off.

"I'll just run in and grab it, Thane. Danny said he was bringing it down," she said, gripping the latch on the door and smiling lovingly into his frown. "And no, we're not sending anyone to retrieve it. I needed to get better of keeping up with my personal belongings." Opening the door, she stepped out hurrying quickly to the building. She was ready for a nice glass of wine, and massage.

Oompf!

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry," she said, picking up some papers and a pair of keys. Crap. She was just trying to get in and out. Slapping on a small smile, she handed the person their things only for her eyes to crash into a familiar pair of blue ones.

Trepidation filled her at the wicked gleam in his eyes and she fought the chills erupting along her skin.

"Well, what a surprise," he said slowly, taking his things from her. His hands glided through his tresses and he threw her an unreadable look. "I see you're looking no worse for wear, Ashley."

Her eyes widened. He recognized her. Oh no! She would pretend that she didn't know him. Stuffing down her misgivings, she gave him a blank look. They were in a lobby full of people.

"Sorry sir?" she said, nearly bursting at the frown marring his face.

"Ash?"

"I have to go, sir," she said, spotting Danny coming her way. Glee bled into her eyes as she rushed towards him leaving a confused Corey behind. It felt good. Good to fuck with his mentality. They way he'd be fucking with her for all these years.

"He didn't do anything to you, sis did he?"

"No," she said, giggling. "I bumped into him by accident. Well, I have to go. I don't want Thane coming for me. Later!"

It felt good to finally be in control.