Chapter 5: Wuv You Mummy

Not So Simple

Chapter 5: Wuv You Mummy

Mummy” I hear Conner, voice walking my way. Why isn’t he asleep

“Why aren’t you in bed Con” I ask, a little concerned as to why Chase couldn’t even put them into bed. He shrugs handing me a picture. It’s of Chase, a few days before he left for their tour. I hid this so no one could find that I still kept a photo.

Conner looks back at Chase, asking the question I was dreading “are you my daddy” he ask, Chase looks, shock and a little scared. I feel the tears in my eyes begin to fall, why oh, why am I crying.  Chase stares at me.

“Conner, where the hell did you get this” I growl. Chase looks at me.

“Me, found it in the cupboard, in a box”

“Why were you in my cupboard” I ask, he sighs looking down. “Why did you ask if he was your dad, Conner” I ask, he looks back up at me.

“I found that pick-ure, last week, Auwtie Mawie said that it was my daddy, and then me found the pick-ure again, it looks like him” he say pointing to Chase,

How, how, how was what I kept asking myself. How did he figure this out he is freaking three. “April” I look at Chase, who is looking at me, wide eyed. “Is it true” he asks, the tears rolling down my face. I nod, he gasp standing up, stare at me. “There mine” he screams.

“Conner, go back upstairs” I say, hear the small footsteps, running off. I look at Chase, who is staring at me.

“Is that what you wanted to tell me, on the phone, that you were pregnant” He ask, I nod sobbing. “But I broke up with you, April all I wanted to do was come home, you should of told me” he says, kneeling down next to me.

I shake my head “you were sixteen, you wouldn’t of came back for me, you would of kept touring, that’s why you broke up with me, because you couldn’t be tied down, but I was tied down to twins, I don’t even know why I’m still in school, it’s not like I’m doing anything after” I sob. He sits up on the couch, wrapping his arms around me.

“That’s not true April, I never wanted to be on that tour, if you told me, I would of left” he tells me, but I shake my head, not wanting to believe him.  I know that if I did tell him he would have freaked, because we were sixteen, I keep the twins because the last thing I wanted was someone else looking after them, and I wasn’t getting an abortion that was sure.  “April, how about we sleep and talk about this in the morning.

I nod, wiping the tears away; I get up walking to the stairs, I was about to turn into my room, when I heard small voices coming from the Brodie room.  “True, Bro-Bro, he is our daddy” Conner says.

“We have a daddy now” Brodie ask, I poke my head though the door, seeing them, laying on the floor, looking at paper, with a box sitting beside them. What are they looking at? I walk over to them, they look at me.

“What are you two looking at” I ask, sitting next to them. It was photos of me and the three boys, photos of family, photos of their dad.

“Mummy” I look up, at Brodie “cans us, call daddy…” he asks I look at him confused. “…daddy” he ask. I nod

“Of course you can call him daddy, that’s what he is” I smiles, they nod “but its late, boys so you can either hop in your beds, or come sleep with mummy” I ask, they smiles, running off which I believe is to my room. I put the photos back in the box, taking it with me.