My Hott Lab Partner

© Joanna Bock 2012

 “O.M.G. is Xavier really looking at that new girl like that.”

The two girls I had instantly decided were witches with a capital B in my second period French class sat two rows behind me talking as if I didn’t even exist, but who even knew, from the way my first week and Edendale High School had gone maybe I didn’t.

So far the only friend I had made was a tall girl whose name was Tyler Jinks.

Tyler wasn’t the most popular girl in school but from what I could tell she was a lot nicer than most of the girls who needed brooms for transport and were popular.

“Be my Lab partner, or do you already have one?”

I turned to see a boy with his dark hair hung wildly the tips concealing his eyes slightly; he smiled like someone who wanted to play with the devil.

He trailed his hand over his face pushing the loose stands of hair away, his eyes were a soft brown with the slightest wash of gold like tiger stone, I couldn’t help but feel mesmerized in his trance.

“Well?” He prompted.

I bite my lip what had he asked me again.

“Um__ I don’t know.”

I winced. My answer hadn’t been entirely wrong I didn’t have a clue.

“What you don’t know if you want to be my lab partner or you don’t know if you have one.”

“Um.” I shrugged in an attempt at an apology.

“All right I am going to take that as you find me to appealing to give coherent answers and you would love to be my lab partner because if you had one__ you don’t now.”

“Um alright I guess.”

“What, are you not going to deny it?”

“Um, I don’t know.”

Why can’t I say anything else but, um. Is um even a freaking word. Think god dam it Sabrina. 

“Wow you are good, do you have a name or would beautiful suffices.”

“Beautiful?”

“Alright beautiful it is.”

“Um no, I have a name its__ um Sabrina.”

“Alright um Sabrina, I am Xavier, so does this mean you will be my lab partner.”

He had obviously made up his mind that I would agree to be his lab partner because he took the seat next to me without being invited.

In all fairness I didn’t mind, he smelt better than the boy who had sat there the day before, in fact he smelt pretty dam amazing.

He watched me as I stared at the front of the classroom not even hiding the fact that he did so, I watched him from the corner of my eye not daring to turn and acknowledge him in case I made a fool of myself again.

“So beautiful, where did you come from?”

I blushed. And he chuckled letting me know my embarrassment hadn’t escaped his attention.

“I think you like that.”

I wished I could hide away he wasn’t as shy as I was that much was obvious, I wanted to shrink and slide under the desk hopefully he wouldn’t notice because like was a total understatement this hot confident boy who sat next to me didn’t say things that I liked he said things that I freaking loved.