Our secret love

© Joanna Bock 2012.

All rights reserved.

***First draft

Um, Daniel I think I’m pregnant.

Those were five words that I never expected to hear but really I should have.

As you have probably guessed by now my name is Daniel but most of my friends just call me Dan I have known Lucy most of my life but that doesn’t really change anything because what we have__ well nobody knows about us, especially my best mate Rob, defiantly not my best mate Rob.

Because he may be my mate but he is also Luc’s Brother, her older over protective brother.

And well this is our story.

When I was almost nine and Luce was six she kissed me, at the time I thought she had germs because she was a girl but god how I had been wrong.

I guess it’s possible that kiss planted the seed that lead to me kissing her when she was sixteen and I was eighteen, but this time Luce tasted sweet like honey not germs.

Lucy sat on the wooden seat near the entrance of Greenwood High School, she was in year 11 but by the way Hannah and Stacey treated her she might as well still been in primary school with those six year olds again.

They picked on her just for being one of those swaty kids who likes to read rather than coating on the lip gloss and rolling up her school uniform skirt, so boys like me would attempted to discover what colour panties they wore that day and trust me it wasn’t hard,

I wasn’t one of those kids, I was in year 13 but I had repeated year 11 twice

Because it was the year Hannah had turned up at Greenwood high and the year I had completely skipped so I could peal of those panties, it hadn’t been as good as everyone had believed it would, but I am not the only one who knows that now.

Now most of the male body of the senior class know that, I was just the first, even if I wasn’t her first.

Today though there was no book and no Rob either,

She often waited there after school so she could grab a ride home with him, I think riding with him saved her from the torture of the bus trip but it was possible her folks just expected her to travel that way.

I sat down next to her pulling the long raven folds of her hair back so I could look into her soft brown eyes, Tears filled them again,

I forced her to look at me and wiped them away with the tip of my thumb.

“Why so sad, Lucy goosy.”

She laughed if one ha constitutes a laugh.

“Hannah.” She said

She didn’t have to say anything else really I knew what she meant and I wanted to hurt that bitch more than anything else in that moment of time.

“Where’s Rob?” she questioned me.

He had bailed at lunch with his girl friend Tess they had been together for ever and seemed quite serious.