{eleven}

guess what chapter number it is (bc u def didn't see the chapter title)

jk i literally don't even watch stranger things lol

ANYWHO

great mood to start with amirite

.

If you move just a little bit closer you can put your head on my shoulder
Yeah, yeah

So baby hold on
Just another day or two
I can see the clouds are moving faster now
And the sun is breaking through
If you can hold on, to the one that's holding you
There is nothing that can stop this crazy love
from breaking through

- TobyMac, "Hold On"

k e n z i e

The bell on the door of Johnny's studio rings pleasantly as I come in.

Johnny's not around, so I glance around at some of the studios, looking for him. His facility is really nice, with several comfortable recording rooms. I've always wondered why Hayden chose to record here instead of at Capitol, but I guess I can see why.

As I walk down to the hallway to where we usually have our session, I hear someone singing. I edge closer to the door the sound is coming from and peer through. It's Johnny.

He has headphones in, so all I can hear is his voice, and it takes my breath away. Eyes closed, he sings In My Blood with so much heart and emotion all I can do is stare and listen.

This song holds many bad memories for me. Like the time I broke down at Nadia's party. Or a couple weeks ago when I posted a cover of this song on my Youtube only to see comments reading, "If only it was in your blood...then the world would be rid of your horrible self."

But there's something amazing about seeing someone else singing it, acapella, raw, and vulnerable. I take a slow breath and close my eyes, listening to Johnny sing.

Johnny comes to the end of the song, and I open my eyes as he finishes. That was...inspiring.

It dawns on me suddenly that he could look over at the door and see me through the window, so I begin backing down the hall.

"Hey."

I jump and turn around. Johnny's head pokes out from the room."H-hi, uh, Johnny."

"Sorry, I was just...playing around in there with some new tech I got today," Johnny smiles. "I saw you through the window."