Chapter 2: Movin' in

Start from the beginning

"It's nice to meet y'all." Chase and I say at once.

"It's nice to meet you too, you can call me Sof."

"It's a pleasure to meet you and can call me Jen." Chase and I just nod before lookin' over at our dad.

"They came to drop off the dinner but I just asked them if they wanted to stay instead." Chase and I nod once more before taking a seat. Jen, Sofia, and dad followin' us.

***

The next day I continued to unpack boxes in my room home alone since dad went ta talk with the principal of school and Chase decided he wanted to look around the campus even though it's Monday and people besides the students will be there.

Runnin' downstairs into the kitchen to grab somethin' to eat but when I open the fridge door the doorbell goes goes off givin' a ding throughout the house. "Comin'!" I yell givin' a sigh knowin' food will have to wait. Walking into the livin' room I takin' a mental note to unpack the last few boxes that are sittin' in the corner.

"Hi I'm Oakley, can I help you?" I opened the the door the rest of the way revealin' a boy about 6'2 with dark brown hair and green eyes.

"Yeah, I'm Odin I just got out of school and my aunt said I should introduce myself."

"Oh, well nice to meet you. Would you like to come in?" I ask.

"Sure." he smiles.

"So my aunt told me you're from Texas but why did you move here?" We walk into the living room.

"Well my dad got a new job down here after about ten years in the military." I say sitting on the couch.

"Oh," he takes a seat next to me. "what about your mom?"

At that moment it hit me, every emotion you could think of my tears wanting to form but I choke them back down both showin' any emotion possible. "She's not here."

"Oh." He drops the subject.

"Hey Sunshine, can you help me with the groceries?"

"Yes dad." I answer. "I'll be right back." I get off the couch to help my dad with the grocery bags.

I walk out of the house to the car it's trunk still open. I grab a couple brown bags but they block my view of seeing anythin' but the bags in front of me. I successfully step up on the sidewalk and keep walking till I hit somethin' that knocks me on my butt and the grocery bags on the floor, the food now everywhere.

My dad and Odin come walkin' out of the house with a confused look on their face till they see me on the ground.

"Hey Sunshine are you okay?" My dad ask helping me up.

"Yeah I'm fine." I look away from the spilled groceries noticin' Austin on the ground. "Oh lord Austin, I'm sorry I didn't see you there." I apologize helpin' him up at the same time.

"It's okay." he looks up from me. "Hey Odin, I'm guessin' you're Mr. Archives it's nice to meet you I'm Austin." He sticks out his hand for my dad to shake. My dad shakes it with a "it's nice to meet you to son."

"Can y'all please help me clean this mess and I'm sorry for makin' a mess dad." I start to pick the spilled contents from the spilled bags up.

"It's no problem Sunshine everyone makes mistakes." He starts as do Austin and Odin.
After everythin' is picked up we head inside putting everythin' away.

Sittin' in the livin' room with a beer for dad and water for the rest of us. "So how do y'all know each other?"my dad ask all of us.

"Well Odin and I met today but Austin's window is across from mine." I answer and he gives a nod in response.