Chapter 2: Movin' in

Let me tell y'all this, the drive was terrible it was either listen to my brother in our truck ramble about how hot he thinks he is or my dad and his new coachin' job so I chose my dad. Right now we're in a small town of windsor population about two thousand which is surprisin' for how small it is.

"Are we almost there dad?" I ask bouncin' in my seat ready to get out of the car already.

"Almost sunshine, just a couple more minutes." He smiles.

After those couple of agonizin' minutes we got there, dad gave me the key to the house and I bolted to the front door opening it to a beautiful two story house with light brown wooden floorin' all 'round everywhere I rush up the steps leavin' the door wide open, the walls the white, a smaller Chandler that hangs from the ceilin'. Then two other doors one to the right from the other door.

Gettin' curious I walk into the door on the far right wall, opening the door and my jaw drops surprised seein' it's a personal bathroom I turn around with a smile on my face on my face goin' to the the door on the very left of the room only to find a walk in closet. Jumpin' up and down I personal happy dance for a few seconds and then stoppin' regainin' my composure. I walk to to the door I walk to the door of the room takin' off my shoes leavin' them at the center of the door. "I marked my room!" I yell while walkin' down the stairs after managin' to leave my room and not decoratin' it.

"Good, now get your ass down here Oakley so you can help us unpack the movin' van!" My dad yells at me while I walk out the front door.

"But I thought they weren't comin' till Monday."

"Well you tell me cause they're here right now." Chase rolls his eyes as he gets things out of the truck.

***

After hours and hours of unpackin' we got it done. My room was decorated so the bay window that sits on the left of my center wall in my new room. We moved my bed and mattress in the room so it sit right next to my desk, my desk on the right of it with my black desk chair to match it.

Boxes around my room searchin' and searchin' for the box labeled lights and as soon as I find it I cut it open with the with the scissors that lie on my bed then, untangle them so I can hang them up throughout my room.

About 40 minutes later after I finished, I took a seat at my bay window seeing another window on the other side of it. So I open my mine to get some fresh air then move my small black bedside table in between my bed and the bay window. Sittin' back down on the bay window seat I hear a small but husky soundin' 'hello' so I look so I look up out my window seein' a boy about my age waving at me so I wave back with a small smile. "Uh..hi there I'm Oakley, it's nice to meet you."

"I'm Austin, nice to meet you too. So where you from?"

"Texas."

"Oh, why did you move?"

"My dad got a new job a-" I get cut off by my dad yellin' for me to come down for dinner. "Sorry, I gonna go to eat dinner nice talkin' to you." I wave and close my window runnin' down the stairs going into the kitchen.

"Dad since when do yo-" I trail off lookin' up findin'' people I don't know in my house...well, new house.

"Uh..hi." I give them a small wave just before my dad walks up behind me.

"Good, you decided to join us. These are our new neighbors." He stands next to a lady with long light brown hair and brown eyes. She looks about 5'6 "This is Jennifer Smith." He then points to the 5'4 version of her "and this is her daughter Sofia. Y'all this is my daughter Oakley and son Chase." He motions to Chase as he walks up next to me from goin' somewhere.