Halloween Special - Shortstory

Peter breathed in an out slowly, trying to calm the racing nerves. He slowly gained his confidence, only enough to walk in.

He opens the door, the Avengers standing behind him. They walk into Flash's house, immediately getting noticed.

Not for the face that they are the Avengers, no, for the fact that their costumes are absolutely amazing.

Peter makes his way into the room, blending in with all the masked teenagers. It looked like a cult meeting, but it was just a Halloween party.

No-one even knew who he was, he was only mentioned by costume. The Avengers were separated from him and each other, but Thor stuck with Bruce, and Bucky trailed after Peter in case anything happened.

Bucky was half happy half nervous at the fact his arm was exposed, but began to enjoy it when people commented on how real and cool it looked. Peter smiled as he watched Bucky, and slowly made his way over to Bruce to talk.

Bruce was in his Hawkeye costume (Which boosted Clint's ego to the moon) talking to what Peter thought was one of the more popular nerds, so he continued onwards. He saw Tony getting complimented on how much he looked like Captain America, and he saw Nat being asked where she learnt all the moves to act like Catwoman.

He laughed as he saw Thor dressed up as Hulk, and then the dreaded happened.

"Sup everybody! I'm gonna be DJ tonight!" Flash yelled out. Peter sighed, hoping he wouldn't do what he though he would.

"So I have this song dedicated to one of the people at our school!" He yelled once again. The group cheered, except Thor who was wondering what was happening.

He began to play the song. Peter inwardly facepalms, beginning to make his way to Bruce, before the song was over and Flash announces who it is for, so he wouldn't get too angry, if you know what I mean.

Strut on by like a king
Telling everybody they know nothing
Long lived: what you thought you were
Time ain't on your side anymore

He goes faster, because he knows Flash won't play the whole song.

I'm tougher than nails, I can promise you that
Step outta line and you'll get bitch-slapped back
And you can run your little mouth all day
But the hand of God just smacked you back into yesterday

He runs over to Bruce, reaching him just as Flash finishes. He leads Bruce quickly to Bucky, who would get the second most dangerous.

"This song was dedicated to good old Penis Parker! You here, Penis? Come up and take a bow! Or maybe you'd like to get beat up again?" Flash calls out, and Peter ignores him completely, trying to hold back Bucky while calming Bruce.

"Let. Me. At. Him." Bucky snarls. Peter quickly shakes his head, motioning at Bruce.

"Steve'll take care of it, but I need to take care of this!" He whisper-shouts, causing Bucky to look back at him.

"Hey, my guy!" Peter says to Bru-Hulk. Shit. Hulk growls at him to move.

"It's okay, big guy, Stevies gonna handle it, and you know how he feels about bullies!" Peter says, and he begins to shrink.

"He mean to Spider." He growls, stopping shrinking.

"Yes he was, and the others are gonna sort it out. If you hurt him you'll have to go away, and I won't be able to see you for a while. Do you want that?" Peter asks desparately. Hulk shakes his head, reluctantly agreeing.

"I just need Bruce back, is that okay?" Hulk growls in warning. "Hey, hey, I promise I'll see you soon, as soon as we need you to smash!" He says excitedly. Hulk shrinks quickly back down into Bruce.

The rest of the Avengers, minus Bucky, have made their way to the DJ setup, unmasking to show their true selves. The crowd gasps, wondering why they are there.

"For all those wondering, we are here with one of your classmates who wanted us to have some fun. But, as you can see, it hasn't been all that fun." Steve motions to the now-small Hulk. "We are very close with Peter Parker, and I really do not like bullies." He glares at Flash, who cowers away.

"So, unless you want some very angry Avengers to come say hi," Bucky begins from where he stands near Peter, causing everyone to turn to him, "I would recommend not bullying someone just because they look smaller than you."

Bucky looks at Peter, and smirks, making Peter shudder. Bucky doesn't smile, unless he and Steve are having a moment.

"Hey, Peter," he begins, but Peter cuts him off, suprising all the other kids.

"Whatever you are planning, no." Peter says strictly. Bucky pouts.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to arm-wrestle." The group gasps as he holds up his metal arm.

Peter sighs, knowing Bucky won't give in. "Full strength, Mini-Stark." Peter cringes.

"Stop calling me that." He complains, but complies. They find a very sturdy table, and thus they begin, Peter having taken off the arm of his fake Iron-Man suit.

"Ready?" Tony asks. They both nod. "Three, two," Peter looks Bucky right in the eye with revenge written on his face. "One." They push with full strength against each others arms, and it is tied for quite a while.

The group stands in shock. Peter is holding his own against the Winter Soldier.

"He could have beat up Flash ages ago!" Someone calls out, making Flash shudder.

It begins to go Bucky's way, but then Peter smirks. Peter suddenly slams Bucky's hand down on the table, winning the match.

"At that, is why you don't want to bully Spider-Man!" Tony calls out, making everyone freeze.

"Oh shit."

Word count:976

This was just a really short Halloween story, it only took about half an hour.
As always, DM or comment any ideas for any of my books.
Later,
-K